rant: maybe i'm the only one

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Trisha I spose its a bit different for us at work, cos all the cosmetic SA's just sit round and reapply in the canteen (we usually all sit together anyway!), i refuse to apply my MU in the crappy fluorescent lighting of the bathroom, its such a horrible inaccurate light! ick! I;d never apply a whole face anyway! i'd just be adding some TE. powder and gloss x Yup, sounds like me and my co-workers on lunch break! With them, I don't feel I'm being rude -- because they are touching up as well. It's actually been amusing to peek inside of people's makeup bags. One of my male co-workers carries about 3x more makeup than me during the day!
But no, I'd never do an entire makeup application in public or at a restaurant.

lol i can't stand that, i duno how these women can do it. I HATE being watched whenever im putting my face on. My boyfriend has a tendancy to wander into the bathroom to "see what im doing" but it drives me crazy. Its just a private thing in my opinion, lol. The wildest thing id do in public is put on Vaseline
smile.gif

This reminds me of high school when girls would carry all their makeup in their purse and re apply it in every class or at lunch...lol

Originally Posted by Joyeuux But no, I'd never do an entire makeup application in public or at a restaurant. Ditto! I may rea-apply lip gloss or lipstick but that is it. However, I will pull out my compact and check to make sure that it looks ok.

Originally Posted by luckystar131 This reminds me of high school when girls would carry all their makeup in their purse and re apply it in every class or at lunch...lol Omg,yes,at my school there are always these 3-4 girls that always do their make in the bathroom and totally block the way for anyone else.I'm talking eyeliner and stuff,not just gloss.

I prefer putting my make up on without an audience.

Originally Posted by Eva121 I prefer putting my make up on without an audience. Same here. I think if someone's seeing u putting it on, they will automatically think that u r a vain creature or something like that. But of course, u won't make to feel this way if the other person has on even much more makeup than u
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have no problem doing my makeup in the car....at red lights ofcourse, and I have no problem doing lipstick or powder in public. In fact I dont see how my makeup concerns anyone else, or how its hurting anyone. I dont find it rude at all....especially compared to the adjustments guys make in public...now that icky. I do agree with the nail thing though...yuck

I have to do my makeup at home before I go out to work or what ever, it's like my chill out time in the am! I'll top up gloss when I'm out and about and a spritz of perfume in the ladies but thats it really.

I touch up powder or lipstick at work or at red lights but thats about all I do in public. A girl I used to work with put everything on while driving to the office, and one day she came in with foundation all over her clothes b/c she spilled it while putting it on while driving. And once on tv they were showing dangerous things people do while driving, and they filmed a lady driving on the freeway putting on mascara, going 80 miles an hour!

Originally Posted by dixiewolf And once on tv they were showing dangerous things people do while driving, and they filmed a lady driving on the freeway putting on mascara, going 80 miles an hour! lmao!
i was on the train once and a man started cutting his nails, i couldnt believe anyone would actually do that in public! And whats even worse is that the people around him just sat there politely saying nothing, even when one of his nails flew onto one of the men sitting opposite him! i was so grossed out!

and yes i dont like it when people put on makeup in public neither, it just seems inappropriate, and i dont even understand how the hell they can put it on when the train is shaking and everything.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I am ok with applying lipgloss or balm in public, but I am still all discreet about it!! If it is lipstick then I do it in the bathroom, just so I have a mirror and can see what it looks like...

I do NOT like it when people put on anything other than that or a quick pat of powder in public. You should do it in the bathroom or your HOUSE!

And the nail clipping in public should be outlawed and termed Cruel and Unusual Punishment!! YECK!

Oh my God!!! I would have died if a nail flew onto me!!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by cottoncandy lmao!
i was on the train once and a man started cutting his nails, i couldnt believe anyone would actually do that in public! And whats even worse is that the people around him just sat there politely saying nothing, even when one of his nails flew onto one of the men sitting opposite him! i was so grossed out!

and yes i dont like it when people put on makeup in public neither, it just seems inappropriate, and i dont even understand how the hell they can put it on when the train is shaking and everything.
icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb058&pp=ZNxdm82545US

Originally Posted by cottoncandy even when one of his nails flew onto one of the men sitting opposite him! i was so grossed out!
icon_eek.gif
disgusting,how can you not say anything when that happens??

Nails...yes...gross.....Makeup? Not hurting anyone....and nothing gross about it....It might make people look vain for doing it in public....but really not a big deal

Originally Posted by Trisha very true!
I'd rather see someone applying MU than 2 people kissing! im like "get a room" thats something that should be left for home!!

Yeah that bugs me, especially when it is extreme, like when I was waiting to buy movie tickets, and the couple in front of me were going at it, kissing, groping, all that stuff. I mean come on. You are in line at the movies! When I went through a bad breakup at the same time as a friend of mine, everytime we even saw a couple holding hands, we would say jokingly, "happy couples need to die!" lol. I dont think people need to be putting on their makeup, as in bare face to full face in their car driving though, thats just dangerous. I dont even know how they do it, I would stab my eye and go blind trying to my eyes.

WHEN SOMEONE OFFERS ME A MINT AND IS VERY NOT SO DESCRETE ABOUT IT. ALSO WHEN I OFFER SOME ONE A MINT AND THEY REFUSE. THE OFFER IS BECAUSE YOU REALLY NEED IT AND I AM GETTING SICK SMELLING YOUR BREATH.

Originally Posted by Jennifer maybe it's just me and i'm crazy, but i can't stand it when someone puts their makeup on in public or touches up in public (excluding appropriate places like bathrooms).
last week alone, i saw at least 3 women/girls doing this.

for example, i was on the bus on the way to school and there's this woman sitting on the seats that face each other and it was crowded, so i was standing up, as well as lots of other people. she pulls out her lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, AND blush and just goes for it.

another example are customers at my job (restaurant). there's a bathroom right down the hall, witch, go put your makeup on there. NOT in the booth where people are eating and watching you.

any thoughts? i know people won't agree with me!

i only ever keep it to lipstick or gloss, but saying this i have to admit that on rare occassions i have had to apply full make up on a train, that was because i was running ever so late for an interview and could not stand the thought of being seen without make up, its not nice for others but when you gotta do somthing, you gotta do it!!!

I`m not annoyed by women putting on makeup in public, but I think it looks sooo vain. I always feel "watched" when I only do powder or lipgloss touchups on the subway train, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
wink.gif

Being that I am around women applying makeup all day, I am not offended by seeing someone do that in public. I am not embarassed to touch up my lips and powder my nose in public. Especially if a have a pretty compact or lipstick.....Chanel! Things that I have seen done in public that are revolting...

-In Macy's I saw a woman take a Q-tip from a cosmetic counter, clean her ears and then leave it on the counter. I swear I almost threw-up.

-I saw a woman take off her shoes and socks and rub lotion on her feet in the middle of a department store.

-I used to see TONS of people spray their underarms with perfume.

-I see people tweezing chin hair alot too..... Some things should just be private.

Once on the train a woman sitting across from me was doing full face makeup. I thought, "gee, isn't THAT attractive," but then she started curling her eye lashes and plucking her eye brows! I was shocked! That is not what I want to see when I'm half awake on the train in the morning. My policy is powder and lipstick is the only thing allowed in public. If I don't have time to do makeup before leaving the house in the morning I don't wear any at all.

Back