RAVE for BB creamy concealer

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Ok, I have very dark (almost purple) undereye-circles. I used MAC Color Corrector in Peach till now, but wasn´t very happy with it cause it started looking unnatural and cakey whenever I tried to build up the coverage that I need.

Someone on here (I think it was Laura) suggested getting the BB concealer instead. there is a limited edition of the concealer(yellow based)+corrector(pink based) and setting powder out now, in one tiny,tiny compact. BB is expensive, that´s why I bought this one to try it out (for just 17 euros).

what a difference!!! I don´t have to use much cause it blends so easily, and my circles are completely gone. no unnatural lightened-up undereye area (because of the pink-based corrector I guess), no cakeyness, and it doesn´t get into the fine lines that I have under my eyes.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LAURA FOR SUGGESTING THIS!!!!!! I would have never bought this if it wasn´t for your suggestion (b/c I didn´t want to spend all that money on concealer+corrector+powder if it wasn´t gonna be working), and the LE-thing is great too. whenever I run out of this I´ll buy the full sizes.

so from now on I won´t ever be looking like I hang out in bars every night, which I don´t really do that often

Reaction score
Oh that's fantastic news Arielle! I'm delighted you like it. I bought mine on StrawberryNet for €9 & i'm loving it for under my eyes. Violet uses it too & loves it (AFAIK)!

Liz

Reaction score
ooh... i want to try! but i have a hard time trying to figure out what color i am since i've never used any their products before. i don't know if i'm beige or warm beige. ack!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lizzyb831 ooh... i want to try! but i have a hard time trying to figure out what color i am since i've never used any their products before. i don't know if i'm beige or warm beige. ack! I had the same problem. I would have never found the right shade by myself. do you not have a BB-counter anywhere near? I guess finding the exact shade that matches your skintone is crucial for a natural look of the concealer

Liz

Reaction score
no, i don't have a close BB. the closest one is an hour and15 minutes away.
gas is so expensive, i don't want to drive anywhere!

Reaction score
thanks for the review!

i have bad circles, too, but mine are blue/green. do you think they'll work for that?

i've tried shiseido's optimal concealer, which is used for heavy-duty stuff, like bruises, tattoos, etc., so it's got really good coverage, but it's $23 and never find it cheaper. maybe i'll go to the counters one day and compare.

Reaction score
I guess I need to give this a go then - my undereye circles are horrid!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks for the review!
i have bad circles, too, but mine are blue/green. do you think they'll work for that?

i've tried shiseido's optimal concealer, which is used for heavy-duty stuff, like bruises, tattoos, etc., so it's got really good coverage, but it's $23 and never find it cheaper. maybe i'll go to the counters one day and compare.

yes, I think it should work for blue-green circles too...seems like mine change color too, one day they´re blue, then purple *arrrrg*. but it´s hereditary, there is nothing I can do about it.
I think bying th full sizes of the BB is gonna be VERY expensive too (already worrying about the number on the receipt
) but I´m sure it´s gonna last a long time. and now that I´ve found my HG-concealer I don´t really care about the price

Liz

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know what color I would be in BB concealor/foundation? I'm NC30 in MAC foundations. I looked at the chart that wasposted before, but for my color, there were lik 3 colors in BB! So that doesn't really help. I'm willing to buy from sephora.com or nordstroms.com, but do they accept returns/exhanges for used merchandise?

Reaction score
Thats a toughie Lizzy. Maybe Violet might be able to answer you coz she's a bit of a Bobbi Brown pro when it comes to colouring for foundations & concealer (well i think she is anyway!). Send her a page about it in case she doesnt see this thread. Username = Violet. You can tell her i sent you!!!

Reaction score
I also have horrid purple hereditary circles - i think i'll have to check this out too!! Thanx Arielle & Laura!

Reaction score
No problem Bhav! I'm not sure if they are still on sale on StrawberryNet or not but check it out if they are coz i got a great deal. Let us know how you get on

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Would anyone happen to know what color I would be in BB concealor/foundation? I'm NC30 in MAC foundations. I looked at the chart that wasposted before, but for my color, there were lik 3 colors in BB! So that doesn't really help. I'm willing to buy from sephora.com or nordstroms.com, but do they accept returns/exhanges for used merchandise? I also use NC30 in MAC foundations and use BB concealer which is my absloute favorite! I use "natural" in the BB concealer and it matches and blends in perfectly with my skin tone......hope this helps

Reaction score
Hiya Gail, just wanna welcome you to MakeUpTalk! I'm Laura from Ireland. If you need anything just PM me or one of the others mods & we'll gladly help you out. Look forward to chatting with you

Reaction score
Thanx for this post Arielle coz i just checked out the same little palette as you and have purchased it! I agree with you in that the coverage doesn't look unnatural. It does a really good job of covering the darkness. I'll see how i get on with it myself and you never know, this could be a HG!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhav Thanx for this post Arielle coz i just checked out the same little palette as you and have purchased it! I agree with you in that the coverage doesn't look unnatural. It does a really good job of covering the darkness. I'll see how i get on with it myself and you never know, this could be a HG!! glad you like it as well. I think this little thing might last quite some time even though i have major damage control to do when I want to cover up my circles. it´s totally my HG !!

Latest posts