Rave for Lure Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the "b" shades, they are luminous & golden (yellow) I believe. They totally worked for me color-wise, but since I'm so oily I really the matte formula.

Originally Posted by fishchick72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Check out the "b" shades, they are luminous & golden (yellow) I believe. They totally worked for me color-wise, but since I'm so oily I really the matte formula. Thank you fishchick! I checked the site and the darkest B is B6, which I still is a little too light for me.
frown.gif
Today I wore my mix of Y11 and Y12 and I look washed out...
scared.gif

BUT I can really attest to how long staying Lure Beauty is! By midday, my other foundations would've melted off my face...but Lure is not going anywhere!
rockwoot.gif
Wooooo!

Hi fishchick! I just wanted to update you. Last night, I tried mixing my Lure Y11 with my Ocean Mist Praline to see what I can get and I tried wearing it today. WOW!!! It was beautiful! I have a problem with getting Ocean Mist to stay on my face and Lure has great staying power. On the other hand, Lure Y11 does not have a lot of yellow while OM Praline does and mixing them together gives me a nice yellowish foundation with great staying power and creamy finish. LOVE!
smile.gif

^ My emu oil is still en route. Argh! I hate waiting! I got the one with sweet orange essential oil
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinkminnow /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi fishchick! I just wanted to update you. Last night, I tried mixing my Lure Y11 with my Ocean Mist Praline to see what I can get and I tried wearing it today. WOW!!! It was beautiful! I have a problem with getting Ocean Mist to stay on my face and Lure has great staying power. On the other hand, Lure Y11 does not have a lot of yellow while OM Praline does and mixing them together gives me a nice yellowish foundation with great staying power and creamy finish. LOVE!
smile.gif
So glad to hear it! Yes, Lure has INCREDIBLE staying power!! That's a great idea to mix them like that!

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am usually a med beige too - what colors did you choose, and what formula (foundation)?Lure Beauty ships super fast and they are SUPER nice too!!
smile.gif

i think i ordered L7 and Y6 and L10.I think the 10 was too dark and the others were too light.

i mixed the two and they looked really good.

but i placed another order today for L/Y9 + 8 and a mineral setting powder.

hopefully they will match better. i love how it is on my skin though, smooth, matte, and not itchy!

i also ordered a shea butter lights body cream in pink sugar and emu oil (i wanted to see if this stuff really works!)

the sugar scrubs are soo amazing too! jen is so nice and she threw in tons of samples to try

so far i <3 lure!

Originally Posted by pinkminnow /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you fishchick! I checked the site and the darkest B is B6, which I still is a little too light for me.
frown.gif
Today I wore my mix of Y11 and Y12 and I look washed out...
scared.gif

BUT I can really attest to how long staying Lure Beauty is! By midday, my other foundations would've melted off my face...but Lure is not going anywhere!
rockwoot.gif
Wooooo!

If you're wanting to try the luminous, look under the tan and darks, the luminous colors there are the "d'' colors. But, looking at them, not many have yellow undertones. Maybe if you email customer service, maybe they'd be able to come up with a new color in that line?

I loooove Lure Beauty! Customer service is one of the best, if not the best, and the products are great! They are incredibly generous with giving freebies too.

i got their perfumes & sugar scrubs...she gave loads of samples...

but never tried their foundations....are they good?

^ Great staying power, but not a lot of yellow. If you have yellow undertones, then you might have a prob finding a match.
frown.gif
I had to mix my Lure foundations with some other yellower foundations like Ocean Mist.

Back