Rave for Philosophy's Purity made simple cleanser

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome! thank you guys i will definantley try this product soon (as soon as i get my lazy butt to the mall and into sephora)

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard great things about this, and the moisturizer... I'm not sure if I should use samples, or just stick with what I use LOL! No new products for me! I am liking the hope in a jar moisturizer too. I think you should sample the cleanser at least. It is super!!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been thinking about trying this Thais! I've seen the raves too! Thanks for the rec! Yeah, go ahead and sample it, I am sure you are going to buy a full size afterwards... This cleanser removes my mascara better than my clinique eye makeup remover which is impressive. Give it a go!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chocobon /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thnx for the recommendation Thais!! You're very welcome.
smile.gif

I got samples yesterday at Sephora for purity and hope in a jar.I dont know if its me,but the hope had a smell to it that I did not like.It smelled like a wet dog! I didnt use it.The girl helping me put the samples in some little jars from one of the testers,so I dont know if that could be the reason.I really wanted to try this before I commit to a kit purchase.

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got samples yesterday at Sephora for purity and hope in a jar.I dont know if its me,but the hope had a smell to it that I did not like.It smelled like a wet dog! I didnt use it.The girl helping me put the samples in some little jars from one of the testers,so I dont know if that could be the reason.I really wanted to try this before I commit to a kit purchase. Lol, Hope does have a very chemical-ish smell to it, originally. I'm glad you didn't use the sample though; I'm not a very big fan of tester samples, especially if they have a big finger mark in the cream! Eek, Lord only knows where that stranger's finger's been!
If you want to try out the range of products mentioned here, I recommend Philosophy's make-up optional skin kits or their other similar sets. They're a great buy for the money if you like all the products, and I think they come with a 30-day return guarantee.

Here's a link:

philosophy - skincare - makeup optional skin

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got samples yesterday at Sephora for purity and hope in a jar.I dont know if its me,but the hope had a smell to it that I did not like.It smelled like a wet dog! I didnt use it.The girl helping me put the samples in some little jars from one of the testers,so I dont know if that could be the reason.I really wanted to try this before I commit to a kit purchase. Hope in a jar does not smell like your typical moisturizer... They don't add any fragrance to it so it smells kinda like medication, if you know what I mean. I dont think it is a strong smell though and it goes away in a few seconds after I apply it.

Purity has a flower scent... Did you try purity yet?

love it! the mocrodelivery peel is great too, especially if you have stupid ruddy irish skin like i do. philosophy is fabulous!

Originally Posted by onvacation /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, Hope does have a very chemical-ish smell to it, originally. I'm glad you didn't use the sample though; I'm not a very big fan of tester samples, especially if they have a big finger mark in the cream! Eek, Lord only knows where that stranger's finger's been!
If you want to try out the range of products mentioned here, I recommend Philosophy's make-up optional skin kits or their other similar sets. They're a great buy for the money if you like all the products, and I think they come with a 30-day return guarantee.

Here's a link:

philosophy - skincare - makeup optional skin

Thank you! I really think it just wasnt a clean sample.I checked out some reviews on Amazon and there is alot of neg comments about the smell.This smelled nothing like medicine though.I guess I will get the kit for sensitive skin and if it doesnt work out I'll return it.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hope in a jar does not smell like your typical moisturizer... They don't add any fragrance to it so it smells kinda like medication, if you know what I mean. I dont think it is a strong smell though and it goes away in a few seconds after I apply it.
Purity has a flower scent... Did you try purity yet?

I could prob get used to the scent,the skincare Ive been using for years is fragrance free.I just dont think I got a good clean sample of the hope.I did use the purity and I do like it.I love having the toner in the cleanser.

purity is amazing. seriously. it smells sooo good and it completely takes off any trace of makeup you have on. and your left with a squeaky clean face
smile.gif
i've been using that stuff since i was like 12 haha my mom let me try it and i loved it.

I love Philosophy! Especially the Purity and Hope in a Jar! I have also tried their lip gelatos, color correctors, blush/bronzer compact, and primer! All great products... the correctors are a little oily IMO, though.

I am going to purchase the makeup optional kit this weekend.The sensitive skin formula for hope in a jar is pretty close to being fragrance free.Im going to give it a try.

Ok so its day 5 for me on this skincare line.Ive been using the same direct sales company brand for years.I am sold on Philosophy now! I love having a cleanser that tones and removes makeup.I love the Hope In A Jar and The Hope In A Tube.I did however exchange the moisturizer after 3 days.I bought the sensitive skin formula and it left me too greasy looking....too rich. I got the original formula.I love this stuff!

I love Philosophy's Purity (smells & feels so good) & Hope in a Jar (Dry & Sensitive skin). I do definitely still use Clinique's Take the Day Off remover because I find it effective when taking off my waterproof mascara. Love it.

I never thought I'd like this because it really doesn't foam up very much, and I always associated foam with cleansing
scared.gif
silly, I know!

Once I used it, I l really liked it!

Another cleanser of theirs that I Love is the MicroDelivery cleanser- it has little scrubby beads in it- it really helps keep my skin smooth.

I just finished off my few samples of "Purity" and "Hope In A Jar" and I'm totaly hooked! Purity makes my face feel so clean and yet the skin on my face is never overly dry (like with so many other cleansers) when I step out of the shower!!! It removes all my makeup and it smells great too! And I love the feel and consistancy of the "Hope In A Jar", it makes my face look realy smooth too! I just have to smave up some cash so I can go out and get the full size products *sigh*

Back