Razor burn and dark marks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to get rid of razor bumps on my legs especially on my thighs and also dark marks on lower legs and around my ankles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
EF6668C8-0306-4DB0-868A-BC0D07EC1DB7.jpeg
57638F40-1CF8-4D82-A1E8-60E689996A51.jpeg

My suggestion that worked on mine, exfoliate and moisturize. I had good results with KP Bump Eraser Scrub for the razor bumps/strawberry skin and follow through with any lotion or moisturizer. As for the dark marks, look for lotion/serum that has brightening components.

I was browsing hrough the TRULY website and see what they have there, it might be worth to check out their Body Brightening kit which says good for hyperpigmentation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 5.52.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 5.52.29 PM.png
    218.3 KB · Views: 0
You can try the follwing:
  1. Topical treatments:
    • Consider using products containing ingredients like niacinamide, vitamin C, or alpha arbutin, which can help lighten dark spots over time.
  2. Exfoliate regularly:
    • Incorporate gentle exfoliation into your skincare routine to promote cell turnover and fade dark marks. Avoid harsh scrubs, especially if you have sensitive skin.
  3. Use skin-lightening creams:
    • Products with ingredients like hydroquinone or kojic acid may be effective, but use them cautiously and follow instructions, as they can cause irritation in some individuals.
  4. Aloe vera gel:
    • Apply aloe vera gel to soothe and moisturize the skin. Aloe vera may also have some skin-lightening properties.
  5. Try Other Hair Removal Methods:
    • Incase your skin is sensitive to razors, try waxing or laser hair reduction as a safer option
  6. Consult a dermatologist:
    • If the dark marks persist, it's advisable to consult a dermatologist for personalized advice and potential treatments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back