Really unhappy with beauty.com / drugstore.com

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've placed 6 orders with beauty.com over the past year. I've ordered a total of 11 items, and returned 2, one was because the description online was inaccurate. This morning I got this email from them:

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Matthew L.)
01/14/2013 04:23 AM Dear Susan,

It seems that we have had some difficulty in the past in meeting your shopping expectations. We have decided that since we have been unable to meet your expectations that unfortunately we will be unable to ship any future orders to you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Again Susan, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but have taken the action outlined as we feel it is the course most mutually beneficial to both you and drugstore.com.

Sincerely,

drugstore.com Management Team
http://www.drugstore.com/help
drugstore.com the uncommon drugstore.
Beauty.com The world of beauty online.   [---001:000666:02903---]

If they don't want my money, fine, but nothing stings like rejection.

That seems rather... dramatic! You should be able to purchase and return as you please.   Shame on you beauty.com!  They should be glad to have any customers especially considering there are always competitors. (sephora, ulta, rickys)

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've placed 6 orders with beauty.com over the past year. I've ordered a total of 11 items, and returned 2, one was because the description online was inaccurate. This morning I got this email from them:

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Matthew L.)
01/14/2013 04:23 AM Dear Susan,
It seems that we have had some difficulty in the past in meeting your shopping expectations. We have decided that since we have been unable to meet your expectations that unfortunately we will be unable to ship any future orders to you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Again Susan, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but have taken the action outlined as we feel it is the course most mutually beneficial to both you and drugstore.com.

Sincerely,

drugstore.com Management Team

http://www.drugstore.com/help

drugstore.com the uncommon drugstore.

Beauty.com The world of beauty online.

[---001:000666:02903---]

If they don't want my money, fine, but nothing stings like rejection.
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Seriously?? Well, I won't be shopping with them. I don't want to feel like I can't return something without them essentially kicking me out. Geez.

I asked if I had done something wrong or against their policies, the rep said no.

I just think this is a lousy way to treat customers, if you agree, don't shop with them. Plenty of other alternatives.

lol WHAT??? That is messed up. Guess I'll continue going to places like target and cvs since they are always good about my returns. What a bunch of bologna.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Seriously?? Well, I won't be shopping with them. I don't want to feel like I can't return something without them essentially kicking me out. Geez.
I don't know if its for returning, but the rep on the phone said something to the effect they're "losing money" on me and also "too many contacts"..I asked what that meant and he couldn't elaborate. Contacts I assume to mean calls or questions, like, the Philosophy Supernatural Shampoo that shipped to me was green tea scent, but the website didn't say that, so I called and sent it back (unopened) or another order the invoice in the box said my Lorac Pro Palette was in the box, but it wasn't, there was only 1 item in the box and I knew the Lorac palette was on backorder. Someone marked it as 'shipped' but I had to call and ask them to actually send it! Once I was trying to check out and the coupon code wasn't being accepted so I called and just placed the order on the phone.

I guess this is what they are referring to when they said "too many contacts"

That is incredibly shady and a bad way of doing business. I will never be ordering from them, and instead shop with companies that I know won't judge me or discriminate against me for returning items that aren't as described or calling to ask questions even. Shame on you beauty.com!

Wow that's the most ridiculous cs email I have ever seen! I can't believe they did that to you especially since drugstore.com is probably one of my favorite online retailers.

I will be more cautious from now on...

That's crazy! I've never ordered from this company and I won't be. So apparently they don't want people calling.

Won't be doing business with them. I understand the right to refuse service, but if you were not rude, continued to place orders and spend money even after mistakes made by the company, why the problem? Weird! You're too savvy a shopper for them, apparently. I wonder if your account was flagged somehow by some internal system they have..dunno what or why, but weird.

That is the most ridiculous email I've ever seen. I won't ever be ordering from them. Good customer service is an integral part of any successful/respected business - if a customer is treated well, they're more likely to come back! The problems you had with them were all mistakes on THEIR part, yet they're blaming you? Ridiculous.

I've only talked to their CS once and it wasn't a great experience. I couldn't get a promo code to work and the guy put me on hold for 15-20 minutes before telling me that he had "no idea" of what I was talking about and hung up. The promo was a banner on the front page of their site... I'd been ready to place a pretty big order, but their CS being less than stellar and not being able to use their advertised code put me off. They're doing more than a good job at losing customers without blacklisting them.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Won't be doing business with them. I understand the right to refuse service, but if you were not rude, continued to place orders and spend money even after mistakes made by the company, why the problem? Weird!

You're too savvy a shopper for them, apparently. I wonder if your account was flagged somehow by some internal system they have..dunno what or why, but weird.
This clinches it for me, too.  Can you imagine if Sephora pulled something like this?  Absolutely crazy.

This clinches it for me, too.  Can you imagine if Sephora pulled something like this?  Absolutely crazy.
I imagine Sephora shoppers would go in beast mode and tear them a new a#$hole. There'd be a lot of business leaving and going to Ulta or other competitors. Cannot ignore the power of social media and internet lynch mobs!

Thanks for letting me know. I rarely return things (I'm bad about mailing stuff), but their rules scare me.

Wow thanks for letting us know. I've ordered from them in the past, but I definitely won't again after hearing this!

I'll never order from Beauty.com knowing this because things happen in shipping - we've all experienced it even with the best of companies.

Latest posts

Back