Recs for jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i HATE jean shopping. Im a bigger girl, a size 13 but can fit a 15.

I carry my weight in the tummy and theighs and hips. I hate when they pinch and your love handles stick out or when your pooch hangs over.

i like bootcut or straight leg, flares make me feel like im 12. Any recs? id prefer non stretchy, but am not opposed to wearing them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try Levi's jeans. I love them! I have the same thing, love handles, tummy. Im usually a 7, but in these I fit into a 5. They feel so comfortable.

hrm i would sugest american eagle, i know they are a teen age shop but they have a pretty high qualty jean for a pretty low cost.

I also noticed you said you like boot cut or straight leg cause flair makes you look like a little kid. ( i hate flare to the make me feel like my hips are ungodly wide) but may i sugest wide leg that fall straight from the hip. I dont know if they cary them any more but express used to cary a trouser cut jean and i think lucky brand jeans is coming out with them. Im not trying ot force them on you but you should go to a store and just try on a bunch a fits (even ones you think you may hate) you may end up finding something you love. Thats what happend with me.

and i found that with me (i also carry all my weigh in mostly my thighs and hips and have a huge pet peve when my love handles hang over the top of my jeans) the wider leg jeans make my hips and behind seem smaller... plus they look killer with a pair of highheals

I am unfortunately bottom heavy, so i have large thighs and a big bottom. and i hate jeans shopping too!! To combat the problem, i wear darker jeans or jeans with rubbings at the front, to give a slimmer silhouette. always go for hipsters, and definately wear straight cuts, flares are soo out!

In todays world you are whats know as "thick," I am too. Don't knock it, guys love it. My favorite jeans are my Levi Strauss Bootcut Style # 98700-4683. I purchased two pairs at Walmart for $19.99@. I've seen them on eBay, people bid like crazy for them. They are a darker worn look wash, with a touch spandex. Fit the curves great and fall just below the navel.

Levis it is!

Would anyone recommend gap or a|x? im losing weight and my 13s are kinda loose so im thinking i could fit into a 12 or 11 and theyre sizes run up to a 12 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish my weight was in my hips/butt haha... I'm a tummy/love handle girl myself, gunna look into Levis though, thanks jdepp_84 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hate jeans shopping too! Once everyone changed their styles and cuts, I couldn't fit anything! I prefer most of the older styles... Regardless, my best luck has always been AE, Gap and Old Navy. Oh, and Abercrombie.

I just came home, empty handed, from trying on jeans. GAP, Polo, Lauren, Ann Taylor, Style (something or other) etc. and I look like an ice cream cone or a mermaid. My hips are not proportionate to my waist so I need a 12 for my hips and a 10 for my waist so there is this huge gap in the back. I tried curvy jeans, relaxed fit, boyfriend style and nothing fits. I do wear long tops, but they are hard to find too. Doesn't anybody make jeans for my body type?

hi :wavey: pumpkin

i hear ya. my body type is similar to yours.

did you look into old navy's jeans???

they have some nice stuff. thats where i got mine.

i'm sure you'lll find what your looking for

i would reccomend getting your jeans at a higher end store.

they seem to have a better selection imo.

I definately recommend Gap, especially the long and lean fit. I'm slim in general, but carry more weight on my hips and upper thighs - the dreaded saddlebag area. The Gap jeans minimize it somehow and makes my curves there look less pronounced and more normal. They're practically the only pair of jean I own, so I say definately try them out.

Back