Red Lipstick... Am i a fan... are you?????????? B-)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Courtnee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally I am having a bit of a hard time picking cause their both stunning in my opinion. If I be honest....
Prob the first Red lips.:)
Nice outfit in all three pics.:)
That outfit wasn't even close to being done! I had to get a tie around leather wide belt and put it in the right place and then define my waist. Then I picked out the perfect jewelry/shoes/etc and slip on a sexy leather jacket! Thank you, though! 

That's alright... Wow then you can easily pull off anything easily. I bet you looked gorgeous when you finished. :)

I love wearing a red lip once in a while!

1. The lip colour should work with your skin's undertones.
2. Your eye makeup should be very light to balance out the look.
3. Don't let your lipstick bleed!
4. Before applying the lipstick, put on lip balm so that you don't have creases or cracks on your lips.
5. Too much blush is not good when wearing red lipstick.

That's basically the criteria for wearing red lipstick! I think it can create a very classy look when worn right. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Emily Kristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love wearing a red lip once in a while!

1. The lip colour should work with your skin's undertones.
2. Your eye makeup should be very light to balance out the look.
3. Don't let your lipstick bleed!
4. Before applying the lipstick, put on lip balm so that you don't have creases or cracks on your lips.
5. Too much blush is not good when wearing red lipstick.

That's basically the criteria for wearing red lipstick! I think it can create a very classy look when worn right. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
THANK YOU so much for mentioning the blush!!! I notice to many women doing their usual blush routine when wearing bright red lips. When I do a bright red lip...I usually skip blush all together and just do bronzer and a highlighter that has a tiny bit of pink tones!

Love red lipstick, especially matte red lipstick. It makes the color pop even more when it's matte. Also red lipstick makes your teeth appear to be whiter which is always a plus in my book! 
icon_razz.gif

edit: no blog links, per ToS -kawaiimeows

I am actually not a fan of red lipstick at all. Not on myself anyway. But I recently saw this:

Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne. Since I love Guerlain lipsticks, this might be the one red I want to try.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ginanimal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am actually not a fan of red lipstick at all. Not on myself anyway. But I recently saw this:

Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne. Since I love Guerlain lipsticks, this might be the one red I want to try.

I love this color! Should I try it?  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love this color! Should I try it?  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's always helpful to post a picture of yourself when asking a question like this, unless you don't want to. But I found a picture of you in your profile and I think yes! You should try it. You're pale like Natalia in the Guerlain photo and I think this red would suit you well. Be prepared though, Guerlain lipsticks are expensive. Around the $40 range.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ginanimal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This definitely looks like one to try for sure.  I find the shade of red used can often make or break a look.  Although I tend to use Shiseido most often, this one looks really tempting.

Right now I use urban decay 69, Kat Von D underage red, both lf which have blue under tones 69 being more of a pinky red and lush's ambition (orangey red). I can't tell which one is best for me! Fair skin dark blonde hair brown eyes. I do like brighter reds, I like a classic pinupy red lip look with winged liner

I am a big fan of the rich blue-red family of reds. My fav is Marilyn Red (Ben Nye) and it's corresponding liner Really Red. On most tv shows the make-ups are usually "natural" looking, so it's gets boring after awhile, so any chance I get to vamp up an actor, I go for it, and it's our usual "sexy flight attendant". Here are a couple of quick behind-the-scenes shots (sorry for the poor quality) of a flight attendant that I did on an episode for a tv series that I work on.

I am a big fan of the rich blue-red family of reds. My fav is Marilyn Red (Ben Nye) and it's corresponding liner Really Red. On most tv shows the make-ups are usually "natural" looking, so it's gets boring after awhile, so any chance I get to vamp up an actor, I go for it, and it's our usual "sexy flight attendant". Here are a couple of quick behind-the-scenes shots (sorry for the poor quality) of a flight attendant that I did on an episode for a tv series that I work on.
Love it!!! That is so rad. You have my dream job that's for sure. I love makeup but I never pursued it, bc I never thought it could lead anywhere successful. That must have been hard to nail a job like that. I love that you are bringing in a classic sexy look. There needs to be more of it! Bring back 40's Hollywood glam!!!

I used to wear red all the time. Now, not so much. Just kind of over it at this point. 

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a big fan of the rich blue-red family of reds. My fav is Marilyn Red (Ben Nye) and it's corresponding liner Really Red.

On most tv shows the make-ups are usually "natural" looking, so it's gets boring after awhile, so any chance I get to vamp up an actor, I go for it, and it's our usual "sexy flight attendant".

Here are a couple of quick behind-the-scenes shots (sorry for the poor quality) of a flight attendant that I did on an episode for a tv series that I work on.

Love this look; simply stunning!  I was actually an old-school flight attendant for Halloween last year, but ended up going fairly plain on my makeup.  The makeup here really makes the look for this shot, cool stuff!

Back