Removing hair from my face makes me break out!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an infection of the follicles.I get it everytime I waxed, thread, etc. But electrolysis kills the follicles and it is permanent. You might want to look into that.

DO NOT DO LASER FOR YOUR FACE. Since you are a woman, the hair growth on your face is too fine that it can be even stimulated by the laser to grow coarse. I know from experience.

I use to break out from using a depilatory, but what I have found to stop that is ice. After I'm done I apply an ice pack to my face. 5 minutes per area where I'm most prone to breaking out. I do that off and on for a couple of hours and then use a little bit of coconut oil, no more breakouts. Also I don't wash my face the day I use the depilatory so that helps too. The next day I do a steam facial. HIH

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I will try out your suggestions. Is electrolysis more expensive than laser hair removal? Since it's permanent, I'd love to get it done once I can afford it. I'm not good at tolerating pain though.
lol.gif

Electrolysis costs about 1- 5 dollars a minutes depending on who you go to. You need repeated sessions so the costs do add up. But is worth more than laser. Be sure to pick the best electrolysis. Results depend on the equipment and the technique and skill of the of the electrologist. The best web site to do some research is Hairtell: Hair removal forum

you're def breaking out because you're not removing all the wax and it's clogging your pores and irritating your skin. i have the same issue, as do many girls, unless you do a really effective cleaning after the waxing. you need a clarisonic mia, or the olay one if you can't afford the mia, and then use an oil free salicylic acid cleanser over the waxed areas. don't worry it won't irriate your skin after the waxing. do a really good job cleaning w/the brush. i forgot to mention before cleansing use that oil provided w/the wax to help remove the excess wax. if the kit used doesn't come with one, go buy the wax remover. anyway after using the oil, use the clarisonic with cleanser and clean well. then use an exfoliating scrub. make sure before you wax your face is clean and dry as well or that'll make it worse. cleanse w/the brush once or twice more before bed and again in the morning, the afternoon and night. you need to clear out all the wax from your pores.

The same thing happens to me. I have sensitive skin so it reacts every time I wax or tweeze. I have been using a depillatory cream though for a few years that seems to work pretty well for me, no problems with irritation or breakout. It is made by Sally Hansen and is very inexpensive.

^ Really, what brand is it? For me it doesn't seem to matter whether I wax, tweeze, or thread, I end up getting little blemishes. I have tried a depilatory by Nair before, but that didn't work for me.

Thanks for the advice ladies! I really want to try electrolysis.

I have tried Nair before too but it didn't work for me very well either. The brand I use is Sally Hansen... it's the "Creme Hair Remover For Face." It's the one with vitamin E in it. I usually apply a thick layer and wait approximately 2-3 minutes. Then I wipe a small area clean to see if all the hair comes off, if not I reapply to that area and wait another minute and try again. By then all the hair usually just wipes right off. I rinse the area with cool water and pat it dry with a clean towel. I don't use the after creme conditioner though that comes with it because that does make me break out.

lol I meant to ask which product in case Sally Hansen has different ones, not sure why on earth I said brand! haha Thanks for the tip Pretty Kitty! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That happens to me too. I have to pluck the hairs in between my eyebrows (unibrow XP) and that seems to be a hotspot for breakouts. Then again, it's in the T zone and I have combination skin. It annoys me and I always have to put concealer there.

I've enjoyed reading this thread as it is something I've been dealing with as well.  I used to be able to wax my face without incident and suddenly this is not longer the case.  It's amazing the extent to which the breakout goes!  I'm very curious to try the Sally Hansen product as I've just been too nervous to try Nair.  Thanks for all the information!!

Back