Repotting 24 NYX Pigments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought the whole collection of NYX pigments off Ebay but I just recently found some containers for them.

0072.jpg

I bought these bead organizers from Hobby Lobby but they're pretty easy to find at any craft store. I was surprised how much pigment was in each bottle; the containers were almost completely full.

012.jpg

And, then they twist on top of another in four stacks of six containers. I taped the name and label on each jar so that I don't forget the names.

010.jpg

The pigment vials I recently received from cherryculture.com weren't all full. I understand they settle. But some of them were 1/2 - 3/4 full.

I was pretty surprised too when i repotted mine as well.
smile.gif
I want some of those containers though!

Enjoy!

I've heard that alot. I'm not sure why it happens but even my half-full bottles still had a lot of pigment in them. It could be a manufacturing error...

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was pretty surprised too when i repotted mine as well.
smile.gif
I want some of those containers though!Enjoy!

What did you put yours in?

Nice, I have several sets of pigments, and I repotted them and they do have alot! That's why I'm selling some of my sets cause I was like I don't need this much.

Do your containers twist a lot? The ones I bought at Michael's weren't so great...and untwisted themselves.
frown.gif

It was a big mess.

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do your containers twist a lot? The ones I bought at Michael's weren't so great...and untwisted themselves.
frown.gif

It was a big mess.

No, mine twist really tight. In fact, I have to be careful that I don't screw them on too tight or I can't get them open myself. If you aren't happy with yours, you should ask Micheals if they'll exchange them for a different brand. They're usually pretty good about things like that.

Oh thanks Faith! I already bought the individual 5 gram jars for my NYX things. It really was my fault, because those stackable jars I bought were for beads.
smile.gif

I love it! I really should get some of these jars because it's such a hassle to get the pigments from the original casing (seriously, whose idea was it).

Originally Posted by impassioned /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love it! I really should get some of these jars because it's such a hassle to get the pigments from the original casing (seriously, whose idea was it). For real, I didn't even use them when they were in the jars because they were such a pain in the butt.

I love all of those pigments. I wish I had those. I have never even tried a pigment at all.

I have some Mineral Makeup called True colors that I got at a Mall Kiosk and they come already packed in containers like that. I hate them in those stacks actually. I have some that are loose and some that I can not even open without almost spilling half of the product. It sounds like yours are better jars though.

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love all of those pigments. I wish I had those. I have never even tried a pigment at all.
I have some Mineral Makeup called True colors that I got at a Mall Kiosk and they come already packed in containers like that. I hate them in those stacks actually. I have some that are loose and some that I can not even open without almost spilling half of the product. It sounds like yours are better jars though.

These pigments are pretty cool, actually. In my opinion, they're somewhere in between loose eyeshadow and mineral shadows.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought these bead organizers from Hobby Lobby but they're pretty easy to find at any craft store. I was surprised how much pigment was in each bottle; the containers were almost completely full.
omg u like READ MY MIND! i was gonna start a post today asking where on earth i can get a container to put the nyx pigments in. Thank you so much! I didnt know i coulda got them from a craft store (and i was in a plaza right next to michaels, and joann fabrics stupid me, i shoulda checked em out) By the way how much did the whole lot cost you?

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif omg u like READ MY MIND! i was gonna start a post today asking where on earth i can get a container to put the nyx pigments in. Thank you so much! I didnt know i coulda got them from a craft store (and i was in a plaza right next to michaels, and joann fabrics stupid me, i shoulda checked em out) By the way how much did the whole lot cost you?

Well, the pigments cost me just under thirthy dollars (with shipping and everything) and the containers were three bucks per stack of six. If you go to a craft store, look in the bead section and the sewing section; that's usually where you'll find the containers. Have fun...

Latest posts

Back