Review of two MAC 187 dupes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reviews! The way i see it is i know the 187 is expensive but to be honest, i'd rather save up for it because after buying all these dupes, you'd probably end up spending what you would've spend on the 187 alone.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ha ha, I was just watching your haul vid on YT, and decided to run over here to see if there was a comparison b/t the 2... You suckered me, lol!
I'd like to know how the ULTA holds up next to the 187 too... When Koren did his vid, I assumed it was the ULTA one, but I was so sad when it didn't turn out to be...
frown.gif

I bought a MAC 187 last week, from my CCO.Now that I've used both the 187 & the Ulta Highlighter brush side by side - I can honestly say they are virtually identical! They feel the same, they apply product the same (which i absolutely HATE & will never use either one for cream/liquid products... yuck!), they are pretty much the same size as well. The bristle part is identical, the MAC handle is a little shorter.

The MAC is slightly more silky feeling, but it is extremely difficult to distinguish between the two based on bristle texture alone (I did a blind test on myself & could not tell which was which without concentrating very hard & spending about 5 minutes stroking my skin with the brushes LOL.)

Anyway, I seriously recommend trying the Ulta brush if you cannot afford the MAC. You can buy the Ulta brush for under $20 if you catch a sale. I think the Ulta retails for $26.00, they always have 25% off sales, making it like $19.50. Then, if you have a coupon, you can save an additional $3.50 or whatever it is. They also have many BOGO sales on their brushes.

I have been using my Ulta Highlighter and really like it. Thanks for the update! I must say after getting my brush, I no longer feel the need to buy a 187. My makeup looks so smooth!

Well for those who live in Canada, Quo has a dupe of 187 and is sold exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart becuase it is their brand. I would take a picture of mine but I don't have a MAC 187 to compare it to, so it's kinda useless but it is amazing, soft, dense enough and applies a full face foundation for me with the littlest amount of product. I think it might be slightly bigger than MAC 187 though. Oh yeah, they sell for about $16 and I'm not sure if that's before or after the 20% sale which is almost always on.

Back