Rip off central

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if it's rip off central or an idiot born every minute.

I was doing my grocery shopping and low and behold, they were selling... cinnamon and sugar in a shaker. It was about 4 inches tall and hour glass shaped. ie. an already small bottom made to look like it has more than it did.

If my mind serves me right it cost 1.75! Sugar is cheap and so it cinnamon. What moron would pay 1.75 for such a small amount of sugar? ( and cinnamon )

Myself I'm thinking. Uhhh... I'm not that lazy, it's 1000x the price it should be. Extra plastics for the environment. yeah....... All I need is some mega large chain and I can come up with stupid stuff to sell stupid people.

Lazy people buy things like that! Heaven forbid they have to mix their own sugar and cinnamon together! LOL! The era of convenience...

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL! I probably would have bought it. Same here. Perhaps people are willing to pay for the convenience.

People don't pay attention. I'm constantly telling patients about Tylenol PM. It has acetaminophen and benadryl in it. You can buy big bottles of generics separately so much cheaper but people pay for the name...................and some people ARE just too lazy.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same here. Perhaps people are willing to pay for the convenience. I think my husband would have bought it and may be talked me into it ehehe

Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know if it's rip off central or an idiot born every minute.
I was doing my grocery shopping and low and behold, they were selling... cinnamon and sugar in a shaker. It was about 4 inches tall and hour glass shaped. ie. an already small bottom made to look like it has more than it did.

If my mind serves me right it cost 1.75! Sugar is cheap and so it cinnamon. What moron would pay 1.75 for such a small amount of sugar? ( and cinnamon )

Myself I'm thinking. Uhhh... I'm not that lazy, it's 1000x the price it should be. Extra plastics for the environment. yeah....... All I need is some mega large chain and I can come up with stupid stuff to sell stupid people.

I am so dying with laughter right now
Guess what?

I TOTALLY bought that stuff.

Now I shall wallow in my impulsive purchasing shame.

lol

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lazy people buy things like that! Heaven forbid they have to mix their own sugar and cinnamon together! LOL! The era of convenience... WOWZA.

lol

I think lazy is going too far,

To me it is more of a convenience thing.

Like those swiffer sweepers, the wet jet kind.

You could argue laziness with those, but again it is more of a time saver.

Yeeps! I guess the first thing I ask myself when I see something for sale is, " should it cost that much "

Latest posts

Back