Round 2 - Group 2: Open discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I got it today. My PO is at a smaller post office, so it has to go to the big main one first. Everything appears to have arrived safe and sound! I haven't really had a chance to break into it all yet because I just opened the box on my lunch break today. Unfortunately I do have to wait until Sat to mail it because there's just no possible way I can make it to the PO until then, due to my work hours. I'm in the middle of moving, and moved about a 35 min drive away from my work, and I work 8-5pm every day so it's hard to get to the post office on a weekday. I feel bad holding the box hostage that long but I'm going to try to take photos, take out what I want, put in some others, repackage it and get it all ready to go. The reason I like the PO near my house is because they have the machine that's way faster than waiting in the giant lines that are there for the holidays. Thank you so much for mailing it out! I'll update with photos and things as I make more progress but I just wanted to check in.
CaliMel, Hi. I'm the one you're mailing the box to and I'm perfectly fine if you want to mail after Christmas ,if it's more convenient for you.( especially since you're moving ) Any post office or shipping place has been crazy for the past few weeks around where I live. Don't feel bad about not shipping right away. Sounds like you've been busy crazy ! So ship after the holidays if it's easier for you. Enjoy your Christmas and send it afterwards . Tara ( tevans)

Originally Posted by tevans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CaliMel,

Hi. I'm the one you're mailing the box to and I'm perfectly fine if you want to mail after Christmas ,if it's more convenient for you.( especially since you're moving )

Any post office or shipping place has been crazy for the past few weeks around where I live.

Don't feel bad about not shipping right away. Sounds like you've been busy crazy !

So ship after the holidays if it's easier for you.

Enjoy your Christmas and send it afterwards .

Tara

( tevans)
Thank you so much for being so sweet about it! I just wanted to post so that people knew what was going on and to make sure it was okay. I really appreciate your understanding!

I plan on shipping it out this weekend, just have to get it all put together and figure out what I want to switch out in there! I haven't even really had time to unwrap everything properly, it's all in the bubble wrap still but the colors all look really nice! I'm excited. =]

So I was FINALLY able to open up everything tonight and look at it all. I made my selections and put items in. I repackaged everything, after I took photos. I took photos of the box as I received it, and then of what I took out and then what I put in. I've had the box at my new place since I got it, and I had to bring it back to my parents house since I'm spending the night here for Christmas tomorrow, just to even get a chance to look at it all and sort it out and put my stuff in there.

It was a hard choice, and I'm still waffling on one color I picked, because I feel greedy taking 4 polishes out. But I really really love what I picked out and I'm excited for someone to get what I put in there too.

=]

I'm hoping things mellow out after Christmas because this has been an insane month.

I say take the polish!  And, then just put in another one.  If you really, really want the polish, by definition you want the polish more than other people probably would.  So, I don't think it would be greedy at all!

I agree, go for it! I put in, like, 10 bottles when it was my turn but took less so I'm sure there'll still be a decent variety when it leaves you.

So I got the box opened the other day and took a photo of everything! Here's all the colors, I tried to do rainbow order, I think the photo gets larger if you click on it. Sorry it's so zoomed out.

I put what I put in in the Spoiler box so that the next person is surprised if they want to be!

This is what I put in.

The Julep colors are: Isla, Hotch, and then Oscar in the photo below. The Zoya color I unfortunately forgot to write down the name before I sealed the box, sorry. The Butter London's are in Shag, and then the blue one is Knackered.

This is what I took out. I'm super excited by these colors! I feel bad taking so many, hopefully what I put in is okay. I also feel bad because I accidentally took 2 of the little hand creams. I was deciding on which one and sent off the box without putting one back in there. There is one of each type that were left, in the box though.

Forgot to add that I sent it off today, so now it's on its way to the next happy home!

Thank you so much Tevans for your patience! I really really appreciate it.

Don't feel bad about taking two of the creams! Those were just extras I tossed in.

The box has doubled in size, so I don't think you should feel bad about what you took.  And, I think what you put in was great!

I got the box ! LOVED IT !!! Took out quite a few, put in a lot more. I can't post pics ( iPad issues ) but I emailed them to Lynda V,who said she'll post for me and the box will be off to her for the next round ! Thanks Ladies. This is awesome !!

Here are the pics Tevans sent to me...

What was in the box:

What she took out of the box:

What she put into the box:

Back