Round 4: West Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update to say it's here holy crap.

The box is HUGE! There it is along with my 3 year-old (sitting next to it) and my 9.4 lbs cat!
Will post more pictures/update later on today.

Wow, the huge box has already been repackaged! @Lily V included a huge itemized list that helped me decide on the polishes I wanted in a flash, and everything was so organized in there that I found everything super easily. Thank you so much! What an amazing box!

So, question time. Inside the huge box, there was a large Priority shipping box where all the polish was placed, and inside it there was a series of boxes inside of which the polishes are wrapped in bubble wrap (I am attaching an image of the opened box inside the box at the bottom). If I were to send just the priority box, I could print a label for it and leave the box at the post office as early as tonight, since I won't need to go to the post office to have them weigh it. However, the huge box of polishes would miss out on the ton of syrofoam packing peanuts that protected the large priority box. If I send the priority box inside the other box, it would only be a few dollars extra and I can send the box either tomorrow afternoon or on Wednesday. So I was wondering which one other people preferred.

There should only be a difference of a few days between both options. Either way, the box is already packed and ready to go! I'll be PM'ing @feemia to confirm her address.

This 

vs. this 

I'm not in a hurry to get the box, but I am frugal, so if it's more than a couple $ difference, I'd go with the less expensive option.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't write back yesterday. I'm going to send the priority box tomorrow via shipping because I just discovered yesterday that my son has spring break and we're both currently sick, so I'll need to print the label online to have the mail carrier come get it. Sorry about that!! I should be able to give you a tracking number no later than tonight. 

It's such a nice week here too. We don't get much warmth or sun and this week has been incredible! At least we have our backyard.

Anyway, here is the tracking number for anyone who might want to stay updated: 9405903699300163110216

The mail carrier should come pick the package up tomorrow so I'll let you know when that happens!

Quote:Originally Posted by derpyderp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's such a nice week here too. We don't get much warmth or sun and this week has been incredible! At least we have our backyard.

I know, I was in Seattle Monday and the sun was out! It gets pretty warm on the east side of the mountains, but it's always so windy I'd almost trade you.

The mail carrier just came and picked up the box! Woohoo!

I've never been to Eastern Washington, but my husband has been to Yakima. If it's true there's lots of animals I want to live there lol!

Got the box today!  Bluelion and Derpyderp are right, LilyV sent us a very organized box.

I should have the box packed and in the mail to Meaganola Monday

I'm including a swatch wheel on which I swatched some of the polishes.  I've placed a number on the list next to the polishes that I swatched which corresponds to their place on the wheel.  I also added a couple of swatch sticks to the ones already in the box.

I mailed the box yesterday.  It should be to Meaganola tomorrow.  The tracking # is in a pile of mail on my desk, but I'll try to locate it tonight.

I checked the tracking at 9PM last night and it still said expected delivery Apr 16, which obviously didn't happen. Hopefully Meaganola will get it today.

Okay, I finally managed to go through it and get photos! Received:

Not pictured: Swatch sticks, wheels, emery boards, and some other fiddly bits that are better known as cat toys in my apartment and thus were not even removed from the box because monsters were VERY VERY INTERESTED in the proceedings. Taken:

Added:

I'll be getting this in the mail Monday since I don't think the PO lobby is open tomorrow (it usually is on Sundays, but I have a feeling that Easter will be an exception), and I'll get the tracking to the appropriate parties tomorrow!

Ooh. Do you by any chance happen to recall the name of that red China Glaze on the bottom right?

Thank you for checking. I want to say Essie and OPI are probably more popular for reds, but I've had more personal favorites come from China Glaze, so I was curious!

Still waiting on the next addy in the list - I suspect the forum move and associated troubles aren't helping any here. Thought I'd check in in case anyone was wondering if the box was MIA.

Whomp, whomp. I've found myself checking the forum less frequently since the software change :unsure:

Anyhoo...this is what I took out:

And what I put in:

Heading to the post office tomorrow.

Back