Sacrificing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sure it will be fine change isnt always bad i left my high school friends and everything to be with the guy im with and im doing great.

I cant really think of anything

Just wanted to say good luck Jennifer and like everyone else said its more like the beginning of a new chapter

I guess the most I sacrificed was giving up my dream of moving to France for a year after college b/c I didn't want to leave Chris behind. But it was never definite in the first place, so I don't really consider it to be a sacrifice.

Jennifer, I just wanted to wish you good luck. I'm sure it will all work out well, although it'll probably be an adjustment. Almost any place in the world can be the best place to live as long as you're with the person you love. :1f:

Wow, Jen! That is a huge sacrifice you are making. But I'm glad to see that you have a lot of faith in your love and in Toby to do this. Good luck and best wishes!

Im in the same situation, kind of. I was planning on staying in Maine for college, but the guy i've been crazy about for the past 6 years lives in Canada, 700 miles away (12 hours) It's so scary, he's the only person i'll know there and it'll be the first time im "on my own" apart from my family, and i've lived a pretty sheltered life..becuase my mom is so overprotective. It's gonna be worth it as well, I can't wait to be with him permanently, im counting the days..

I moved away from my family and two best friends in the world (we are like sisters, only better because we chose each other, ha ha) because my husband got a job in another city. I was ready for a new start but sometimes I want to move back to my hometown. However, I don't regret moving away because I've met new friends here and broadened my horizons. For example, I went to a very good university that gave me the opportunity to go to Ireland for a semester, where I had a blast and met great people.

There are advantages and disadvantages to everything. No doubt you'll be homesick at times, but you will also have new experiences that will widen your mind. Best of luck to you!

Aww my newlywed girl!

I agree with Mar it's a new chapter in your life!

Anyway married life is bittersweet and I think I've "sacrificed" a LOT. I can't even count of how many times I "sacrificed" in my married life. lmao.

:7dh: sweety

First of all good luck Jennifer, I´m sure it won´t be that much of a sacrifice. But I know it can be scary to leave everything behind. I am not attached at all to my hometown, my area, Vienna or even my country..but for someone who is I can see that it´s a very hard thing to move to some place completely different!!!

The thing I´ve "sacrificed" in my relationship with Shawn is that we can only see each other 2 times a year for a couple of weeks at a time, and that´s the hardest thing I ever had to go through..and it´ll be like that for the next 2 1/2 years.

And then after I graduate there will be another huge step that already scares the crap out of me. Moving to the US, getting married (lol that´s not the scary part) and then??? Doing my residency in the US? If that doesn´t work out..get a job at McDonalds???? :kopfkratz: So yeah, my sacrifice is that I give up a safe education and a safe path (residency and jobs in Austria would be easily obtainable) for something completely unsafe, something I can´t plan yet, which makes me very nervous already.

Love makes us do crazy things, that´s the beautiful thing about it! I´m sure everything will be fine, Jennifer. I´m happy that you finally get to be with Toby and start your lives together

I have been in your situation Jennifer. I moved from Norway to Australia to be with my man. I was there for about 5 years and now we are back in Norway trying to decide were to settle permanently, or at least where to stay most of the time.

I left my studies, friends, family, job etc., but haven't regretted it. Life is all about taking a risk. You just know when it feels right I think. However, it's not easy, so be prepared for hard times as well as good times. Have an open mind and it could be something that will allow you to grow immensly as a person. I think that you really get to know yourself, see what stuff you are made of, when you get out of your comfort zone to experience something new.

You are making a sacrifice, but you will probably get heaps in return:)

Good luck!

Wow GOOD LUCK! I don't know about other people but I LOVE new experiences and starting anew. I am from NY myself and I have lived in Maryland and then moved back to NYC, it was an experience and I am glad I had it. I don't want to live in NYC all my life. That would be boring, living in one place for all of your life. It's good to try new things and new places, I would love to start anew in a new town, it would be fun.

Good Luck and hope you like Mississippi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aw. You're lucky at least. To have your guy still be with you despite distance.

I feel lame now. :scared: I was willing to move to his country but he didnt see us as a proper relationship. I would make the hugest sacrafice to move out of my comfort area for my guy.

Anyway Jen, hope it goes well for you. It will be scary - no doubt. But all that matters is that you got him... best of luck!

Back