Sample Society May 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A poster on MSA (comments section for this month's box review) mentioned that Sample Society's FAQs page now states that SS is morphing into the Allure Beauty Box after the June SS box. Membership will automatically transfer over to the Allure Beauty Box but if you don't want to continue the membership you have to cancel by June 20th. So I guess this is the reason why SS is not taking on any new subscribers...
Is that a new update or an old one from last year? Last year Sample Society stopped sending boxes as of June and the new, red Allure branded boxes started with July and the butter london and eye cream everyone loved. I know we call it SS here but it has been branded as Allure already for nearly a year so this doesn't seem like it's applicable this time around. How much more can they say they're Allure than the beauty editor inserts and bright, red box with Allure across it?

A poster on MSA (comments section for this month's box review) mentioned that Sample Society's FAQs page now states that SS is morphing into the Allure Beauty Box after the June SS box. Membership will automatically transfer over to the Allure Beauty Box but if you don't want to continue the membership you have to cancel by June 20th. So I guess this is the reason why SS is not taking on any new subscribers...
I can not access the FAQs page now. Maybe it is down to update it. Can anyone else access the FAQs page? Btw I had to search for allure to get  to the main Sample Society page. 

@Iraien   Yeah, I also wondered if the info on the FAQs page was old info. I just checked out the comments section again on MSA and someone posted that the customer service supervisor she contacted told her that the FAQS is old and that the reason they aren't taking on new subscribers is because they have too many subscribers already.

Have they ever closed the program to new subscribers since last year's rebranding? Wouldn't it have been more business savvy to establish a waitlist rather than just turning potential subscribers away?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back