Sample Society September 2014 - Spoilers & Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and they are for your face for those of you who don't know! i have pretty sensitive eyes but rub them all over my lids as well, they are so gentle. send them off to me girls.

Hate self-tanning anything, but I'm happy with the full size eye cream so everything else is just bonus!

Not a fan of tanning anything...but I do love Tarte...will have to pass this on to a friend of my daughters who always wishes to be tan...

I like my skin the way it is and am definitely more of a sunblock kind of girl!  But I have a 3 month sub so I can see if I want to replace my glossybox with this sub.  I have usually enjoyed my glossybox but I don't like how inflexible there terms & conditions are becoming as well as the price increase on gift boxes so I thought this might be good to switch too.  I'm also a sucker for eyecreams.  Went to a dry climate while traveling and was shocked at how old I suddenly looked - eye cream is now my friend.

Anyone tried the eye cream before? I can't use retinol near my eyes and kinda hate fragrance...

Anyone tried the eye cream before? I can't use retinol near my eyes and kinda hate fragrance...
Crud - I forgot to check for fragrance...grrr....I hate it as it can cause headaches for me far too easily but yet it has fragrance - may have to hear what others say before cracking this open...

It contains:  

• NO: parabens, PEGs, phthalates, silicone or mineral oil
  •  
Ingredients are:

Water (Aqua/Eau), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Caprylyl Glycol, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Polyacrylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Citric Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Roe, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate

Usually eye creams have very little if any fragrence. Got to cover up not too hot smelling ingredients. And I recall someone saying there were no retinols in it.

I am very familiar with ingredients in skin care products and this one is decent. I think it would be better than a drug store item, but not as good as a top department store product. Midway... And still very worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised by this one too. But, I am excited enough for the eye cream that this one doesn't really matter. I would pay $15 for just the eye cream, the rest is gift with purchase.
That's my way of thinking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
BTW:

Long before I even thought of subscribing, I contacted Restorsea about getting samples (heard so many good things about the line). I got several foil packets of their products to try, including the eye cream. Feels smooth and refreshing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll be keeping this months box, I've stopped my glossybox last month and kept this going, so far it's a keeper subscription. If they keep up the great items I won't renew my ipsy next year and will keep this. I'm over run with items as is.

Not sure ill use the tarte face tan wipes, but I think I might give it a shot.

How long would a wipe last? Is it comparable to using bronzer?

@@sunimunni I'm a little older than you (24) and I just started an anti-aging regimen in June. According to my mom, eye cream is the most important part and it's not too early for it haha.

I don't think it's really ever to early to start doing anti aging preventative care. At least not as long as you are using products that are appropriate for your skin type. Since you're so young, you probably don't need retinoids or anything with collagen, glycolic acid. Using these types of products will most likely do a lot more harm than good. An eye cream, and antioxidants would most likely be just right.

Start using it before you get wrinkles, and you'll get them later, and get fewer of 'em. I took crappy care of my skin until my early 30s and I regret it.
Thank you for your replies! I am really going ahead with getting this box this time round. Haha. I was sort of already thinking of getting an eye cream. My eyes get really puffy every single morning without fail even on days I get enough sleep (at least 8hrs of it). I reckoned I am getting old.

I'm thinking about subscribing for the first time. Does Sample Society just send out one box or do they send out a variety of boxes like Birchbox?

I'm thinking about subscribing for the first time. Does Sample Society just send out one box or do they send out a variety of boxes like Birchbox?
Right now everyone gets the same box, although some products may have color variations. They have said in the future they may do some customization, but as of right now it is the same across the board.

Back