Sation Nail Lacquer in Of Corset I'll Call You or Love At First Byte

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got "Love at first byte" and I love it. My job particularly doesn't allow nail polish for anyone *by handbook* but guess who is at work rebelling? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.... It's a very near clear color on my nails, but I can SEE the color only if I personally look at my nails. I have went days at work with this polish already, and no one has even noticed it. I tried it with a few coats the other day, and it wasn't bad either. This polish is ideal for a job where you aren't allowed to wear any, but still want to! *Outside of food obviously, bad idea*

As others have said though, it DOES feel well, not solid enough. Re-painted last night, and still kind of worried about scraping some off because it doesn't feel too set, even with a clear coat.

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got "Love at first byte" and I love it. My job particularly doesn't allow nail polish for anyone *by handbook* but guess who is at work rebelling? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.... It's a very near clear color on my nails, but I can SEE the color only if I personally look at my nails. I have went days at work with this polish already, and no one has even noticed it. I tried it with a few coats the other day, and it wasn't bad either. This polish is ideal for a job where you aren't allowed to wear any, but still want to! *Outside of food obviously, bad idea*

As others have said though, it DOES feel well, not solid enough. Re-painted last night, and still kind of worried about scraping some off because it doesn't feel too set, even with a clear coat.
OMG. What kind of job do you have that is not food and doesn't let you wear *any*? I've had friends with jobs where you have to stick to neutral colors but not any??

I work in transportation. While I didn't word it completely right, I DO kind of work with food, but I touch nothing at all. See, I set up movies, hand out drinks and sandwiches and such, howeeeeeeever, every single thing is packaged, so I don't touch anything. All our meals are catered, individually packaged, and all I do is pass them out without laying a finger on anything but the package.

So, while I DO work with food, I don't at the same time, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I work in transportation. While I didn't word it completely right, I DO kind of work with food, but I touch nothing at all. See, I set up movies, hand out drinks and sandwiches and such, howeeeeeeever, every single thing is packaged, so I don't touch anything. All our meals are catered, individually packaged, and all I do is pass them out without laying a finger on anything but the package.

So, while I DO work with food, I don't at the same time, if that makes sense.
It does.  That sounds like kind of a cool job actually :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Bummer about the polish rule though.

Yeah, which is why the Love At First Byte polish works for me, lol. Yeah, it's cool. Boston to New York and back. It's fun, I get to see things and all too. x:

Oddly, I had no issues with smearing or slow drying. I put on my base coat, let it dry for a few minutes, then two thin coats of the Love at First Byte, with a few minutes of dry time between them. The polish dried really fast for me. Maybe 15 minutes and it was completely solid. I think I had it on for 3 or 4 days before I finally took it off, but it had very few little chips on the side and the tips had just barely worn. I am also one of those people who takes a really hot bath every night and it was okay for me. I find it really odd that there was such a difference, especially since I usually have issues with peeling polish and stuff that never seems to dry. Could the formula from bottle to bottle vary that much?

I dunno. I have the first byte color too, and I loved it, it was good in about three coats and didn't take SUPER long to dry, I don't remember if I used a top coat or not...I think I did cuz it kind of dulled down.. but it lasted the longest polish has ever lasted for me.. I like it...probably won't buy more but I like it.

Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG. What kind of job do you have that is not food and doesn't let you wear *any*? I've had friends with jobs where you have to stick to neutral colors but not any??
A job in the military could also result in the same rule. You are not allowed to wear a nail colour while in uniform.

Back