Saw Da Vinci Code today...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 17 year old brother saw it and liked it. He didn't read the book.

P.S. I did see Over the Hedge
thumbsup2.gif

Yes, wasn't it a great movie?

I liked it, but I could also see how it would not appeal to everybody.

Perhaps they were bored?

I honestly don't know either how it bombed; but I love history, mysteries, people, geneology, puzzles, all that stuff.

I actually saw the movie and then read the book. In my opinion, I thought the book was much better in terms of explaining everything. The movie felt like it lacked certain things and explainations. *shrugs* Perhaps Tom Hanks wasn't the right guy to play Langdon. He didn't seem too knowledgable in making the audience believable in what he was saying.

Overall, the movie was ok. I wouldn't cross it off as extremely bad, but it could've been better. I suggest everyone read the book even if it'll take some of you guys longer than others. hehe, but you'll ENJOY it much more
smile.gif

Visually the movie was good, if you've read the book it's really nice to see actual places but I thought the storyline felt a bit rushed. Some bits weren't properly explained, like why some of the characters acted the way they did and so on. The book was real gem though.

Originally Posted by redrocks I read the book and I have to say I perfer the book to the movie. Me too! I think that the book is more entertaining.

I saw the movie and read the book, (read the book first) and I agree that the book was better.

I liked the movie, but i havent read the book. I thought the movie was pretty explanatory, it basically walked you through the plot and i loved seeing the flashbacks,especially for young Silas..so adorable..lol!

I read the book and saw the movie. They're both great. The movie followed the book quite well I think. 2 hours is more than enough for a movie, so of course everything couldn't be included. I thought Tom Hanks did a wonderful job and being well-known did not distract from the movie. We caught a late showing and thank goodness we pre-purchased the tickets. All the showings were sold-out early in the day.

Its good to hear some Positive reviews on this movie.Everyone here in the UK has been going on about it.

Back