Scared to drive :-(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My folks won't let me drive and I'm 18 lol They said before I can control a vehicle, I need to take some anger management classes >.<

Not to worry, I was petrified when I started driving! After venturing out on my own though, it wasn't so bad. You'll be thrilled with the new independence that you have, trust me! In no time at all, it'll be like second nature.

awww I was the same way, only I was 21 when I started driving. And I'm still not that great with directions..lol. I guess just practice a lot & try to let go of your fears. I failed my drivers test three times before I passed, so don't get discouraged :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had the same problem, but honestly, with the right training (driving school) you can drive and build confidence from there. I think it's really worth it to take lessons.

I love driving!

I was horrible with directions, and the best way to learn the roads in your city is to just get a bunch of directions to different places and waste a day and a tank of gas driving around. It's a lot more fun than it sounds.

This summer I'm going to get more practice driving out of the city by going on a road trip with my girlfriends:)

Woot got my learner permit today :-D I thought I would fail, lol..but I didn't. ANyhoo...I'll get to start driving soonand I hope I don't die! lol. jk

You sound just like me when I was 16!! I still suck at directions and I get easily confused. My Boyfriend taught me to drive on crazy winding backroads, and he was not the patient type. I failed my test twice. The first time I failed because I stopped at a green light???? The second time I accidentally drove on the sidewalk....oooops.

After the two failures I was even more scared to drive. I got lucky when the DMV instructor I got was a old dirty man. He let me drive around the block once and passed me. I am 26 now and just recently learned to parallel park and back up correctly. My advice...just force yourself to do it!!! Once you get a little confidence it will seem like you've been driving your whole life. Shoooot...I hope we never meet on the road! EEEK~

Back