Scars and Bruises

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't spell... Lol. But what do you do to cover up scars and bruses? I have a number on my legs and I've been using ScarZone but its slow to heal and erase them... And yesterday I got a hugh bruse on my calf....

Thanks

Karren

Cover up or heal? Because if you're talking about covering up (as in makeup) then we're in the wrong forum.
policeman.gif
fragez.gif
icon_scratch.gif

Actually something to enhance healing and if it could cover up that would be great too.. Anything out there on the market?

K

Hhhmmm..well, there's a new thread in this forum on bio-oil which is supposed to be good. My dermatologist just recommended vitamin E oil. You can buy that in a bottle or break open the capsules. As far as covering them up, look for a good body makeup. Or maybe a self tanner would help make them less noticeable also.

I remember using E for something.... ScareZone seems to be mainly a titanium oxide compound that is more sun screen that medication... ran into the fire pit on the patio on July 4th and they still look really bad...

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif I remember using E for something.... ScareZone seems to be mainly a titanium oxide compound that is more sun screen that medication... ran into the fire pit on the patio on July 4th and they still look really bad... OUCH!!!!

My orthopedist had me rub Vit e on my knee after surgery twice a day. I don't know if It worked but I did it and the scars aren't very noticeable. There is also something called Mederma that may be similar to the stuff you are talking about. It's a patch. As far as bruising, there is not much you can do to speed that up. They have to go through all of their pretty colors.

Oh but let me add that ice does help the bruising not be quite so bad, but you need to apply it as soon as you injure yourself. 15-20 minutes at a time.

how about neosporin? thats what i used after i had my tattoos. its supposed to prevent scarring. oh wait...your trying to fade it right?

Check out this on "Colonial Dames". It have at Jewel Osco but in cream Jar.

This is very good one and they also have vitamin E oil at hight IU but for ease all the scars that you have always have to take 1 year or more. I use to have scars on my legs and I keep using Vitamin E everyday till it gone. This Colonial also make your skin softer. Try this one.

arnica based products (creams or gels) work great with bruises, but won't cover anything.

For a temporary cover-up, I love Make Up For Ever's Full Cover concealer. It covers scars and spots very well. You can get it at Sephora. But to help the scars heal, I'll have to recommend Silkia camellia oil from goldportbeauty.com. It has helped tremendously with my acne induced indented scars in a year's use. I had a dog bite scar on my leg and it's not visible any more. Amazing stuff.

I started putting on Vitamin E twice a day and it seems to be working.... and I used a few dabbs of foundation on my legs before i went out last week and they looked ok under hose....

i have number ugly scar on my arm, and i try a microdermabration and use virgin coconut oil twice a day in my scar, it realy work for me

Hmm, for healing, I don't know. But for a good coverup, try the Sally Hansen leg Spray. It does have good silky coverage, and you might be able to skip the hoisery all together.

Latest posts

Back