seasonsbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone ever receive January's box?
Nope.

Did anyone ever receive January's box?
Nope.
I usually search the SeasonsBox hashtag on Influenster and Twitter at the end of every month to see if the products are getting better and I should sunscribe. There is nothing for a January SeasonsBox showing up anywhere. I can usually find 1 or 2 pictures online and some people opening theirs on YouTube, but nada since December. ETA: I take that back. Some girl whose YouTube channel is called Video Fiesta has January and February videos for SeasonsBox posted this week. However, I think they're January 2013 and February 2013--so boxes from a year ago?

I didn't receive my January box...I'm going to follow up if I haven't received anything by Friday. 

Whoa----Just noticed a PM in my "other" mailbox on Facebook.

It was from Seasonsbox about the unauthorized charge they posted to my credit card back in January.

It came from this person:  https://www.facebook.com/graytanya

Message read:  ~~Sorry for any inconvience. Your card has been refunded 2014/01/09 at 8.15. Seasonsbox Staff

Anyone else ever heard of her?

Whoa----Just noticed a PM in my "other" mailbox on Facebook. It was from Seasonsbox about the unauthorized charge they posted to my credit card back in January. It came from this person:  https://www.facebook.com/graytanya Message read:  ~~Sorry for any inconvience. Your card has been refunded 2014/01/09 at 8.15. Seasonsbox Staff Anyone else ever heard of her?
Never heard of her but the domain seasonsbox.com is registered to an address in Jamaica. At least we know they're not completely defunct.

I wonder if the logistics company would be able to tell me if Seasonsbox was still a customer of theirs. Of all bills that needed to be paid, I'm assuming they would be on the top of the list.

I just got an email from seasons box saying my box went out in the last batch. No tracking info mind you. I'm very skeptical.

I've been lurking and reading this thread, I feel so horrible for you ladies who seem to be stuck in some horrible nightmare with seasonsbox. 

I do have a question for those who are getting the fraudulent charges - wouldn't it be easier just to have a new CC issued?     I just think that with seasonsbox being so shady and hinky, I would have done that right away....

Fortunately most credit cards reverse charges if you file a complaint right away. I imagine if you have a lot of recurring charges getting a new credit card can have it's own challenges.

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fortunately most credit cards reverse charges if you file a complaint right away. I imagine if you have a lot of recurring charges getting a new credit card can have it's own challenges.
This is my situation.  I have a lot of recurring payments on the credit card that Seasonsbox has in their system, so I don't want to ask the company to re-issue a new number.  As a way around it, I changed my credit card info on the Seasonsbopx site to a pre-paid American Express gift card.  The seasonsbox system recognized it as a real credit card #, but it's only a $50 gift card and I intend to spend it soon so it'll effectively have zero available for them to charge against.  I am also monitoring my real credit card in case they somehow still have the information saved in their system.  I'm just trying to cover myself since they seem to not be honoring the cancellation requests in a consistent manner.

Hello, ladies. I have been reading this thread the last couple days and I joined makeup talk to specifically post in this thread. I am another un satisfied seasonsbox customer. No replies (not even showing it has been read) to messages I have sent them on FB. I did send an email to their "new" gmail account Tuesday and received a reply yesterday evening (the standard "your box went out in the last batch" one that it appears others on here have received. No shipment tracking info, nothing. I went to cancel my acct last night on their website and when I did that, it showed a page that said something about how they are under new management, January boxes have been delayed, etc. this made me upset - no confirmation of my canceling my sub, just an apology about them being slow. Obviously, I have not seen an email about canceling my sub (most places automatically send a generated email after you cancel something) I then emailed seasonsbox and let them know I was canceling , etc. I have been charged for jan and feb boxes.... I guess we will see what happens. It is all very frustrating! Thanks for listening - nice to see I'm not the only one in this fiasco. -Alison

It's usually possible to block a specific company from charging you, so if you have a bunch of other recurring charges you don't want to change, it might be worth contacting your CC company to see if they can do that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sherr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Good sleuthing!  Looks like you're right, doesn't seem like law school to me.  I hate it when people lie.

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Agnes did teach a law class before selling Seasonsbox, but I guess that is not really law school if it is just one class...

If she has a background in law the seasonsbox terms are very badly written.

They wrote that seasonsbox is only providing a service and that it is the vendors who are selling the goods.

I think that kind of makes it easier to file a claim since now they are "selling service" and you did not get the service you paid for.

Also did anyone notice how the seasonsbox site image is now the Jan 2013 description card, but the text on the left side of the screen is from Jan 2014. As usual makes not sense...

Ladies this is Agnes the original founder of SeasonsBox (SeasonsBox 12 months ago - ribbon boxes). I stumbled upon this based on one of the comments on a blog that made me a bit angry.

I'm not sure what has happened in the past 12 months with regards to SeasonsBox. The person we sold too was Nya and she had good intentions of keeping the vision of SeasonsBox alive, I'm not sure how that was executed as I parted ways to pursue law school. Yes, I was admitted to law school (Ottawa to be exact) but my path changed once again and I moved on from law school to something else.

For those of you who remember, we at SeasonsBox (original) tried our best to provide amazing customer service, super fast responses, fast delivery times, and most importantly a great SeasonsBox experience with those monthly colorful themed ribbons/content/awesome products. And I bet most would agree despite the events that happened at the current SeasonsBox. Under our control we did NOT fraud or try to fraud anyone, this is why we had such a loving community (you guys), and I miss that. However, I know some of you are upset with the current or past management but calling me a liar or that I wanted to "run with the money" is wrong and hurtful in so many ways.

We sold the company, it's rights, etc to Nya and if she sold it to someone else, etc that has nothing to do with me or the original SeasonsBox team.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the current owners, etc but this nothing to do with me.

Agnes

Quote: Originally Posted by AggieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ladies this is Agnes the original founder of SeasonsBox (SeasonsBox 12 months ago - ribbon boxes). I stumbled upon this based on one of the comments on a blog that made me a bit angry.

I'm not sure what has happened in the past 12 months with regards to SeasonsBox. The person we sold too was Nya and she had good intentions of keeping the vision of SeasonsBox alive, I'm not sure how that was executed as I parted ways to pursue law school. Yes, I was admitted to law school (Ottawa to be exact) but my path changed once again and I moved on from law school to something else.

For those of you who remember, we at SeasonsBox (original) tried our best to provide amazing customer service, super fast responses, fast delivery times, and most importantly a great SeasonsBox experience with those monthly colorful themed ribbons/content/awesome products. And I bet most would agree despite the events that happened at the current SeasonsBox. Under our control we did NOT fraud or try to fraud anyone, this is why we had such a loving community (you guys), and I miss that. However, I know some of you are upset with the current or past management but calling me a liar or that I wanted to "run with the money" is wrong and hurtful in so many ways.

We sold the company, it's rights, etc to Nya and if she sold it to someone else, etc that has nothing to do with me or the original SeasonsBox team.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the current owners, etc but this nothing to do with me.

Agnes
You guys were the best advocates of SeasonsBox (when I ran it) -- you guys are awesome and I was very proud to have a community like you guys.

I hope this gets resolved for all of you!

Agnes

Quote: Originally Posted by AggieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You guys were the best advocates of SeasonsBox (when I ran it) -- you guys are awesome and I was very proud to have a community like you guys.

I hope this gets resolved for all of you!

Agnes
Hi,

in case you are partly referring to my blog- I know you no longer run Seasonsbox.

But when "someone" (as in someone who only signs email with "seasonsbox staff" and no actual name...), when I am sent a email that states I was NOT charged $285 some and that I do not have their "service".

Who are they trying to kid. I have my credit card statement.
I will post a copy of it online for proof also, but have to submit my documents to my bank first and have not done so.

It is not a good idea to post those documents if my credit card provider has not taken any kind of action yet... 

And whomever wrote the "terms" for Seasonsbox cut and paste from Blissmo??
and they now they are only providing a "service" and not the actual items or some other nonsense......LOL!

=================================================
Well, also wanted to add if you (Agnes) are still associating yourself with Seasonsbox and most people do not realize how many times the company has changed hands, then they might think just by association that you still have something to do with it.
Esp since now emails from seasonsbox are just signed with no name, people have no idea who runs or does not run stuff now...

surprise surprise. Postal carrier knocked on my door with 2 packages this morning. One was my January box! There isn't a bath salt but there is something called lemonade lip scub. I think the other stuff matches the spoiler posted back in January

surprise surprise. Postal carrier knocked on my door with 2 packages this morning. One was my January box! There isn't a bath salt but there is something called lemonade lip scub. I think the other stuff matches the spoiler posted back in January
Did you get the soap? It was removed from the Facebook page.

Did you get the soap? It was removed from the Facebook page.
Can you post a picture of everything in the box?

Quote: Originally Posted by PeridotCricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you post a picture of everything in the box?
I can't believe it, I received my January box today too! Not sure if it matters, but I am in So Cal and it shipped from Florida. Okay...on to whats in the box...

An attempt to return to the old style "ready to gift" boxes

Item #1 - Chocolita Pine Pollen and Lemon White Chocolate - $4.86 - According to the website, this is actually a full size bar.

Item #2 - Puur Lemonade Lip Scrub - $5.00 - again this seems to be full size ( I actually like this a lot)

Item #3 - Fabulous Frannie Lavender Essential Oil - $3.95 - full size (10 ml)

Item #4 - Unearth Malee Asian Inspired Soap - $6.50 - Full size. The scent I received is Jasmine Sticky Rice Mango. It smells fine. The wrappers are flower seeded paper that you can plant, cute.

Total box value - $20.31 (not factoring in shipping costs from individual webpages)

Although I would rather have a box of this value than nothing at all (like I was expecting), I am fairly disappointed. Can't wait to hear what the rest of you think, and I hope you all receive your boxes very soon!

I thought this was supposed to be in the box and made up most of the value?

Back