Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*cough*  I have enough MAC lipsticks/shadows that need to go tossed (seriously, most of these things are over a decade old, and I'm just not wearing *any* of them, so it's time to just purge), and, uh, someone really needs to get on the permanent collection wishlisting! 

(In unrelated news, I need *both* kitties -- one of whom just started making Myfanwy-from-Torchwood noises today, so that's kind of adorable -- *out* of the bedroom.  They disagree with my position on the matter.)

Mmhmm. I like to wonder if people have me, but I'm not quite as hardcore as some! Last year, some kept lists eliminating those they could determine weren't theirs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This whole thing is just fun. I love seeing the excitement of others as much as I get excited myself! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Off to add MAC to my wish list...  :santa:  Just in case!

ETA: Just realized I've never actually bought anything from MAC. I'll just stick that with NARS & Bite on my 'brands I need to try one of these days' list. 

Last edited by a moderator:
*cough* I have enough MAC lipsticks/shadows that need to go tossed (seriously, most of these things are over a decade old, and I'm just not wearing *any* of them, so it's time to just purge), and, uh, someone really needs to get on the permanent collection wishlisting!
*everyone flocks to add to their wishlist*

Your girl is going to be so lucky!

*cough*  I have enough MAC lipsticks/shadows that need to go tossed (seriously, most of these things are over a decade old, and I'm just not wearing *any* of them, so it's time to just purge), and, uh, someone really needs to get on the permanent collection wishlisting! 

(In unrelated news, I need *both* kitties -- one of whom just started making Myfanwy-from-Torchwood noises today, so that's kind of adorable -- *out* of the bedroom.  They disagree with my position on the matter.)
LOL...well, it isn't on my list, but if by chance you have me, I'll love and appreciate all the things. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL...well, it isn't on my list, but if by chance you have me, I'll love and appreciate all the things. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well, keep in mind that Ed is *very* skittish with noise and won't let anyone other than me touch him.  I was *shocked* to hear that he actually came out when my neighbor had to come into my living room one evening when I wasn't home!  Oscar is friendlier, but he has a problem with gas, he's a licker, he *loves* to drape himself across my shoulders while I'm *doing* things like cleaning, and he is VERY VERY LARGE.

Oh.  Wait.  You're probably not talking about the kitties.

Well, keep in mind that Ed is *very* skittish with noise and won't let anyone other than me touch him.  I was *shocked* to hear that he actually came out when my neighbor had to come into my living room one evening when I wasn't home!  Oscar is friendlier, but he has a problem with gas, he's a licker, he *loves* to drape himself across my shoulders while I'm *doing* things like cleaning, and he is VERY VERY LARGE.

Oh.  Wait.  You're probably not talking about the kitties.
HAHA. I actually already have an Edgar...and he's much the same...he hides from everyone but me and my mom, and sometimes my brother after he's been there for a few hours.

So, Santa...here is the beast who will promptly take over the box you send the moment I take the goodies out of it.

tumblr_nesoll2NVL1qzo9gco1_1280.jpg

Last year he played with my SS box for months!!

Off to add MAC to my wish list... :santa: Just in case!

ETA: Just realized I've never actually bought anything from MAC. I'll just stick that with NARS & Bite on my 'brands I need to try one of these days' list.
I've never tried MAC either! I'm not sure why. I guess it just never happened.

KITTY!!!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

I am pretty obsessed with my dog, but truly miss having a cat around. 
I have one of each!

It's so funny because Rowan (the dog) gets a Barkbox, so every time I get a box in the mail, he thinks it's for him.  So opening my SS gift is a challenge...the dog has his face in there, looking for HIS goodies, and the cat is all up in the middle of everything, waiting to claim the box. Pets....

I have one of each!

It's so funny because Rowan (the dog) gets a Barkbox, so every time I get a box in the mail, he thinks it's for him.  So opening my SS gift is a challenge...the dog has his face in there, looking for HIS goodies, and the cat is all up in the middle of everything, waiting to claim the box. Pets....
HAhaha that's so cute. Your dog is adorable. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) 

I have been debating getting Barkbox for my dog forever and I never do. I should just sign her up as a Christmas present or something!

It's also fun to go back through afterwards and see the comments your Santa has made about their stalking and shopping experience!  During the summer swaps, there was a big warehouse sale here in my town for Pacifica, and I had actual discussions with my recipients while I was standing in the middle of the sale picking stuff out specifically for them, and I'm not sure they even realized it until afterwards.  It was super fun because I got to stand there and think, "Mwahahahaha!  She keeps talking about how jealous she is, but she doesn't even *realize* she's basically dictating what she's going to be getting!"
LOL...that was me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have been LOVING all of that Pacifica stuff. What a hoot and you are right...no idea until after the fact.

Oh Edgar!  I love that you played in the box I sent!  @@yousoldtheworld he's such an adorable beastie!
Haha, HE LOVED IT, it was the perfect size for him to crouch in, undetected, until we walked by and he reached out and slapped us. I actually just got rid of that box at the end of September, he played with it that long! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seriously liking Elfster's anonymous messaging system so far! My gifter has been asking me questions all day and it makes me want to get to know her sooooo badly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Highly recommend using that feature.. even if it is just to ask them little questions that might throw them off of your trail hehe. It's just really nice knowing that someone has spent the day thinking about what to get me... you know? MUT ladies are just the best. 

I'm excited to start shopping and stalking! Things will be hectic for me for the next couple of weeks so it will be nice to have a little distraction. I think I've got kind of a theme going and started pulling a few goodies out of my stash.

Are we expected to have a theme?? I've seen a couple ladies refer to it now. If so, what kind of theme are we talking?

I am seriously liking Elfster's anonymous messaging system so far! My gifter has been asking me questions all day and it makes me want to get to know her sooooo badly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Highly recommend using that feature.. even if it is just to ask them little questions that might throw them off of your trail hehe. It's just really nice knowing that someone has spent the day thinking about what to get me... you know? MUT ladies are just the best. 
It's also fun to ask questions of random other people, just to throw *everyone* of the scent!  And the Q&As show up in the group feed, and you can go to a specific person to see just their answers, so it's neat to see what other people are asking that didn't even occur to you and how your person has answered.  I *really* like being able to get to just one person's answers.  Not being able to isolate things last year very nearly drove me insane.

Latest posts

Back