Secret Santa NAILS Survey 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Santa!!!! The absolute MOST IMPORTANT thing to me is that YOU HAVE FUN. I am pretty much a nail polish whore so there is no chance at all I'm gonna be disappointed.  Similarly my list on elfster (while consisting of things I would be thrilled to have) is meant more to give you a taste of what I like than to be like BUYYYY MEEEE THISSSSS.

Okay with that out of the way!!!!

• What are your favorite brands?  Essie, Opi, Indies.
  • What brand do you have the most of in your collection?  Julep.
  • What brand do you not want?  Honestly I am not picky.
  • What brand would you like to try?  Indies? I have some already but can always do with more.
  • What colors are your go to colors? Is glitter a color? In all seriousness I have go-to finishes more than go-to colors. Glitters or glitter bombs, Holos, Jellies, Duochromes, Thermals... you get the idea.
  • What colors do you avoid? Really and always? None. But I will say that I do tend to reach less for yellow, orange, brown. I have a lot of 'normal' reds already so don't need more but wouldn't object to some funky reds (either in terms of color or in terms of finish).
  • Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? Yes!.How nice of you to ask!! So basically the truth is I have way too much polish and while of course I am going to be so happy to get even more polish because, well, junkie, the truth is that I'd be pretty thrilled with a box that is more handcare and footcare and nail accessories centric than just polish centric if this is possible for my Santa (if not, really, do not worry, I will forget I ever wrote this when staring at the amazing pretties I promise). But yeah, I'd love nail wraps, nail decals, dotting tools, hand or foot masks, hand or foot creams, and any other non=polish but tangentially related things your brilliant mind can come up with!!!
  • What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? This is really a long shot but I'd DIE to get Opi's Black Spotted.
  • How would you describe your style? My nail style is pretty out there, unlike my clothes and makeup which tend to veer 'classic'.  With nails it is like give me ALL the crazy and I will let it explode on my nails YAY.
  • Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? Minis for sure, but the most important thing is that my Santa is having fun.
  • What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? They are not a problem for me.
  • What kind of extras would make your day? A bit of a weird one for the nails santa I guess, but I love BOOKS! Give me all the books! And I am also a sucker for handmade things, local things, and, well, candy.
  • Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). So much yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your favorite brands? Julep, Zoya, Sinful Colors

What brand do you have the most of in your collection? Julep

What brand would you like to try? Formula X, Indie polishes

What colors are your go to colors? Green, blue, purple, pink

What colors do you avoid? Yellow, beige, brown

Any specialty polishes that you would like? Holographic, pixiedusts or other sand textured polishes, metallics or any interesting finish or texture

Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection? Nailart brushes, cuticle sticks, nail files, hand cream

What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? Zoya Noir Ultra PixieDust

How would you describe your style? Eclectic

Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? Either is fine with me.

What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples? Like them

What kind of extras would make your day? Any seasonal item, chocolate or something local

What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Purple

You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? Sephora! Deborah Lippmann nail polishes

Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will notcount towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on). I'm okay with it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• [SIZE=12pt]What are your favorite brands?[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Indies: Laquerlicious, Dashing Housewife,  Dance Legend,  A England,  and KBShimmer.  Mainstream: Zoya and OPI[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]What brand do you have the most of in your collection? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] OPI, Nicole by OPI, Sinful Colors[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What brand do you not want?[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] I am not a fan of Julep polish[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What brand would you like to try? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Any Indie polish like ILNP or I’m pretty much down for anything.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What colors are your go to colors? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I’m obsessed with blue, purple and pink.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What colors do you avoid? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Nope[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Any specialty polishes that you would like? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I’m down for whatever.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection?[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] I want MoYou London Time Traveler 80’s and 90’s stamping plates.  Also anything from the cooking collection.  Also the Pueen buffett plates or any Messy Mansion plates.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Right now it’s A England Crown of Thistles[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]How would you describe your style? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Nerdy cute[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Whatever.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples?[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Fine.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What kind of extras would make your day? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Cuticle oils/cuticle balms.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Hard to say because I have so much I’ve never actually gone through anything entirely except whites and blacks for nail art but I have plenty of that.  I’m 1/3rd of the way though my bottle of Dance Legend Sulley and would die for the full sized replacement at Llarowe.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty store here....What's the first thing you want to buy??? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]If it were to ULTA I’d pick up Zoya Thea and Imogen first.  The rest I would probably save until more Zoya’s went on clearance so I could pick them up too.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on).[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Absolutely.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]What are your favorite brands?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]        I like all brands of nail polish. Most of mine come from sub boxes! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What brand do you have the most of in your collection?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]        Julep BY FAR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What brand do you not want?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I am open to anything! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What brand would you like to try?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] Anything! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What colors are your go to colors?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Blues, Greens, Teals.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What colors do you avoid?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Oranges, although I just started working at UT Austin! Hook Em! So burnt orange is a thing now I guess…. [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]J[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Any specialty polishes that you would like?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] I would love to try tools, stickers, etc. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Is there a tool or something other than a polish that you are looking to add to your collection?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yes! Anything neat!  Esp some GOOD remover. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What is that one polish you have been wanting but just haven't bought so far?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Mint or bridal colors. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]How would you describe your style?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I am laid back, but my nails are always painted and I am not opposed to glitter or bright colors in the workplace! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Would you rather have a bunch of minis or one or two full sized bottles?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Either is fine! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What are your feelings on prepared/unsealed samples?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Depends on the sample. Im open to most things! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What kind of extras would make your day?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Anything! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What ONE COLOUR (not brand or product in particular do you use more than any other? (What runs out the quickest?)? Top coats, and polish remover! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]You just won a $50 giftcard to Birchbox/Target/or insert your favorite beauty storehere....What's the first thing you want to buy???[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hand lotion, haha then whatever is the best deal! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Are you okay with receiving gently used items in your package? (NOTE: these will not count towards the $20 spending total - its just a way to be extra generous and destash, since some ladies have items they only use once and decide they don't like and want to pass on).[/SIZE]

Of course!

Back