self tanner for dark skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
although i am african american my legs seem to be not quite brown enough. my skin right now looks alittle chaulky and my veins show through. i'm looking for a self tanner that can give me a deeper golden color. any suggestions?

Oh my gosh! I am right there with ya!!! My legs are nowhere near dark enough...even if I didn't have spider veins I'd want them darker than they are. I use a tanning bed for legs and I like it but I'm still experimenting with self-tanners. I have tried a few different self-tanners and they were "ok". Coppertone Endless Sun was too yellow/golden, not brown enough. Mary Kay was pretty bronzy but took forever to dry and smelled really bad. I haven't tried any high-end tanners but I think this summer I will bite the bullet and try Clarins or Lancome. But...there's also Neutrogena or L'oreal...theirs has gotten great reviews. I want to try the new mist kind in a can, because I am the laziest person alive. I'll let you know my results and you do the same!
icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah...Sally Hansen has this product called Airbrush Legs or something, and it's not a tanner but it is a makeup for the legs. I tried it last summer and I really liked it! It goes on smooth and silky and doesn't budge once it's dry. It really makes the skin look flawless. It comes in a range of shades including deep ones. Would be a good option for special occasions or emergencies.

thanks jessica. i think that maybe i'll try the neutrogena spray on to start and i'll report back asap.

Originally Posted by glamslam Oh my gosh! I am right there with ya!!! My legs are nowhere near dark enough...even if I didn't have spider veins I'd want them darker than they are. I use a tanning bed for legs and I like it but I'm still experimenting with self-tanners. I have tried a few different self-tanners and they were "ok". Coppertone Endless Sun was too yellow/golden, not brown enough. Mary Kay was pretty bronzy but took forever to dry and smelled really bad. I haven't tried any high-end tanners but I think this summer I will bite the bullet and try Clarins or Lancome. But...there's also Neutrogena or L'oreal...theirs has gotten great reviews. I want to try the new mist kind in a can, because I am the laziest person alive. I'll let you know my results and you do the same!
icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah...Sally Hansen has this product called Airbrush Legs or something, and it's not a tanner but it is a makeup for the legs. I tried it last summer and I really liked it! It goes on smooth and silky and doesn't budge once it's dry. It really makes the skin look flawless. It comes in a range of shades including deep ones. Would be a good option for special occasions or emergencies.

Latest posts

Back