Self Tanner Or Not???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LVA /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use the extact same 2 self tanner too, i like Dove for the no smell and no streaks .. and L'oreal works well and fast hehe, too funny!!!!

Honestly, I used to go tanning... Self-tanners were never good for me since I'm naturally dark... I've just given up...

Why not stop doing it for a while and embrace the pale season girls!

hehe

Well girls!! I think we should sometimes use one.... maybe just a very light one, which looks natural.

the question is.... which one is good? maybe the one clinique... but expensive

do not know
kopfkratz.gif
:

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, I used to go tanning... Self-tanners were never good for me since I'm naturally dark... I've just given up... Really? I know lots of us darker skinned sisters that use the stuff!
In fact, I use self tanners all the time! I don't like the thought of prematurely wrinkled skin, so I avoid the sun. But I do like the bright glow I get from being "sun kissed" (see the nice skin I'm sporting in my avatar). When I don't use my self bronzer, I don't feel my skin is as nice and glowy looking anymore.

I 'try' yo do a good job

But its always streaky.

I stik to sunbeds now lol

Thou i havent been on them in ages!

I am pale and refuse to use fake tan or get a tan as I love my pale skin.

A tan would not look good on me. My pale skin suits me!!!

Self tanner is stinky, hard to put on, and most people can tell its fake. I used to fake and bake all the time, but realized how bad it has hurt my skin, and stopped immediately. Now, I usually just use some bronzer- Hula girl by benefit. That has worked out just fine for me! It's winter time anyway, you don't want to look super tan in the winter months. It is kinda unnatural.

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really? I know lots of us darker skinned sisters that use the stuff!
In fact, I use self tanners all the time! I don't like the thought of prematurely wrinkled skin, so I avoid the sun. But I do like the bright glow I get from being "sun kissed" (see the nice skin I'm sporting in my avatar). When I don't use my self bronzer, I don't feel my skin is as nice and glowy looking anymore.

which one do you use?

Originally Posted by oceanmist /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a pale girl too and since I don't have time to keep the tan maintained, I just do it for special events. I've used all kinds of products and some stink to high heaven! But there are a few out there that smell nice. I haven't tried any of the tinted moisturizers. Any good recommendations? I'm really pale and dislike it, but am too lazy to bother with self tanners. A great--imo--moisturizer that gradually (over a week) tans your skin lightly is Jergen's Natural Glow. I use it in Medium b/c the Light didn't do almost anything for me. I use it year round just to keep on being counted among the living!
laughing.gif
No, it just gives your skin a lovely looking glow. Still, if it's a tinted moisturizer you want, I have heard Laura Mercier makes a very good one. Somebody else will know more than I do!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif which one do you use? I guess my using the term "self" tanner would be a misnomer since it's actually Mystic Tan that I go and get done at the salon. It takes all of two minutes, and then it's all done. No smell, no streaks, no unevenness, just good soft glow.

Well I have 3 options when it comes to the colour of my skin... white, orange, or painful red.

I have very pale skin, even those self tanners mixed with moisturizer that are in fashion now like dove and johnson&johnson make me bright orange.

Plus they STINK!

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess my using the term "self" tanner would be a misnomer since it's actually Mystic Tan that I go and get done at the salon. It takes all of two minutes, and then it's all done. No smell, no streaks, no unevenness, just good soft glow. cool. Tanning salons make me nervous.

I like to use the Mystic tans on the salon, but not all the time. It's not bad and lasts about 3 days, but the smell is still strong and that's what I don't like much of it. Otherwise I like to use a tinted moisturizer and my two favorite ones are the one from Laura Mercier and the one with luminizer from Stila.

Just my two cents.

My god i couldnt live without my self tanners!!

I dont usually wear any during the week (in winter) as im usually tucked up in trousers and jumpers but at weekends when im heading out i have to have some colour on me! I just think a beautiful top looks dreadful on horrible pale chicken like skin!!!

I find the L'Oreal Sublime range the best, a lot of MUT users use that! And it dosent smell too bad either!

Does anyone here use Rimmel Sunshimmer?? Great for that last minute dash out the door and looks soo natural!!

Back