senior pics tomorrow...makeup ideas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am getting my senior pics taken by the school tomorrow (not the professional ones, but all seniors are required to have this one taken regardless if you are getting outside ones done) and I am not sure what to do with my makeup. I don't want to look like I tried too hard, but I still want to look fresh and polished, and my eyes to 'pop'. Do you have any ideas on eye makeup that photographs well? Any techniques, colors you can reccommend for eyes/lips/cheeks is really appreciated! I have fair skin (BE #1, neutral/yellow skin, green eyes, brown hair w/ natural red undertone)

Love Trisha's suggestions.. Also using brushes to apply everything always gives me that "polished" look so i'd recommend using brushes!

You better post pics when you get them back
biggrin.gif

Thanks, Trisha! This sounds like a nice natural look, I definitely dont want to look back and think, 'what in the hell was I thinking!?' One more question, though, do you think lining the lower inner rim would be too much, or would it be better to go under the lashes? And would lining the upper inner rim make my lashes look thicker, but not close in my eyes? I like how that looks in person, but I have never done it for a pic like this before...

Thanks for the tip, Laura, I'll have to start a bit earlier with my makeup so I can use my foundation brush!

Originally Posted by anne7 Thanks, Trisha! This sounds like a nice natural look, I definitely dont want to look back and think, 'what in the hell was I thinking!?' One more question, though, do you think lining the lower inner rim would be too much, or would it be better to go under the lashes? And would lining the upper inner rim make my lashes look thicker, but not close in my eyes? I like how that looks in person, but I have never done it for a pic like this before...
Thanks for the tip, Laura, I'll have to start a bit earlier with my makeup so I can use my foundation brush!

I think Trisha´s suggestions are great!personally I think lining the lower inner rims looks unnatural on me and on most girls with lighter skintones-unless you do a dark smokey eye

but you could definitely line your upper inner rim. I like this effect on myself a lot, it looks natural and it does not look too "out there"

Hi Anne!!
smile.gif
I totally agree with Trisha's suggestions - I did something similar for my senior pics, and it really turned out well.

I agree with Trisha! I think for senior pics, it's best to stick with classic neutral makeup rather than a dramatic or trendy look. You can look back and just see YOU (not the makeup).
smile.gif

i agree with Trisha and was going to suggest something similar. A soft, natural look. Congrats and good luck with your pictures!
icon_biggrin.gif

You got plenty of suggestions so far. Have fun and make sure you post your pics!

Thanks everyone! Sorry I didn't write back what I used right away, this thread got buried fast!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Anyways, I think they turned out pretty good, but we'll see when I get them back in a few weeks or so.

face

CoverGirl Advanced Radiance compact base in Classic Ivory (and I used my foundation brush!
claps.gif
applause for me!)

PF Mineral Wear powder in Translucent

Wet'n'Wild blush in Naive (matte salmony pink)

Cornsilk bronzer (using Trisha's tip...the 3 shape on temples, cheekbones, and jawline, with a bit on my nose)

eyes

Clinique high impact duo in Like Mink (bronzey shade with gold flecks on lid, highlighted with lighter champagney shade in center of lid and to soften)

Wet'n'Wild AOS on browbones/inner V of eyes

L'Oreal Voluminous in brown/black

Clinique shadowliner in browner smudge- tightlined on upper, and lightly below lashline on bottom(has anyone ever heard of this pencil? I am down to my last few inches, and it's been discontinued!
icon_cry.gif
Can anyone suggest a nice soft liner that has a shadow-like effect to replace it? My rimmel ones aren't quite this soft, and I love it for my inner rims)

lips

lipsmacker balm in Dr. Pepper - just makes my lips a bit redder, I didn't want anything too shiny or with shimmer, since I used a shimmery lipgloss last year, and I didn't like how it turned out in the photo.

Originally Posted by Trisha I'd go with less SPF than you usually wear as it photographs lighter than you actually are. xx Do you mean wearing a sunscreen under make up makes you look lighter and more pale in pictures? Cuz that would explain sooo much

Originally Posted by geldert Do you mean wearing a sunscreen under make up makes you look lighter and more pale in pictures? Cuz that would explain sooo much The titanium dioxide in a foundation with SPF would make ur face lighter. All foundations have titanium dioxide, but usually, those used for photography have a high % of pigmentation to counteract the whiteness.

Thanks everyone! Crossing my fingers that it turns out ok! (I am a chronic flash blinker
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

Latest posts

Back