Sensitive, dry, flaky, large pores. Concealer needed.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to decided the best method for evening my skin tone. I have sensitive skin so anything I use has to be hypoallergenic. My skin is dry and flaky naturally but I think I've gotten my skin care routine down as perfect as its going to get. I've tried using fondation in the past but it tends to settle into my large pores, it's as if my pores suck it in because of the moisture. Also, the foundation on my nose accentuates the fine cracks and wrinkles caused by my dry skin. I've tried a primer but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

I recently got the "Pore-fect" tester from Benefit and really liked it for pores, it was skin-colored, very dewy/creamy and seemed to fill them in. I regularly use Clinique's T-Zone Shine Control for pores, and it also combats shine. If I were you I'd try Benefits though, as the one by Clinique isn't as creamy and seems to be more drying.

Clinique also has a serum and a foundation targeted at minimizing pores, although I have read a lot of mixed reviews on these, the same goes for clinique's 'even better' line which is meant to even out skin tones. It never hurts to try though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would think most of the above would work for the pores but I can understand if it would make flaky skin stand out. Have you tried applying heavy-duty moisturizers or even gels that are hypo-allergenic at night or even underneath foundation and waiting a few minutes before applying foundation?

I've used retinol off and on and it sometimes makes my skin really dry and flaky too, when that happens I usually apply bio-oil at night (although this can break some people out), and then for daytime I apply a very heavy moisturizer and then I dab a powder foundation on with a puff. I watched a video on youtube by gossmakeup on how to apply powder foundation for best results: you press the puff onto the powder and then onto your face, not rubbing or swiping, just dab it on. I do this daily and love the results :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would recommend trying that out for the pores.

If your skin is still flaking, you'll want to address that. Do you exfoliate? When I started exfoliating, that solved my problems and regular use of a moisturizer. You can amp up and use a heavier one in winter months. There are several different primers for pore issues, I know the benefit Porefessional is popular. I tried it and after a few uses, noticed it does help minimize the look. I second Goss! Love his tutorials and tips!

Latest posts

Back