Seven years later, 9/11

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in first period at school. I was a freshman. My teacher turned on the tv and we watched it the whole hour. I wanna say we were dismissed at lunch to go home or something but I don't remember. I can't believe it's been that long.

I was in grade 7. And my parents always turned on the news channel and we just stood there watching it and then 10 minutes later was when the second tower went down. I went to school and it was on the TV in every class all day. It just seems like a few years ago, not 7 whole years.

I was driving to work and listening to Howard Stern,I believe his show was in new york at that time? I remember him saying damn a plane has hit the 2nd tower.I had to pull over at a gas station to listen.

You know, looking back it's interesting and somewhat spooky to see how we reacted as a country.

At first we thought it was an accident because we were sooo complacant that it couldn't even enter the brain it was an actual attack.. On the US?? Huh? Whaaaa???

Then the second one hit and on the East coast it was pandemonium and the rest of the country hovered and cowered and waited in confusion/fear/panic/shock and then there was another and another.

The aftermath was horrifying as the truth came out and then the real fear set in; where/what next?? How did this happen? How did we get so slack that 4 jet were commandeered??

The actual AIR felt heavy with emotion.

It was too much for words.

It's so sad.

I was in 9th grade I think and on the bus heading to school the bus driver had the news playing on the radio. I could barely hear anything, but then in our 2nd period I guess they all realized it was intentional and we watched the news in the gym.

That night I stayed over w/ my best friend and neighbor, we were so scared, we couldn't sleep. We thought major stuff was going to happen and her parents who are a nurse and cop were going to help out over there, but it didn't happen.

I remember it well, I had the TV on and about to go to bed, it was about midnight maybe just before. Anyway it was live on TV here and I did not go to bed till after 3am that night. I remember going to work the next day on very little sleep and there was basically nothing on the road. It had an huge effect on me and on everyone.

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know, looking back it's interesting and somewhat spooky to see how we reacted as a country.At first we thought it was an accident because we were sooo complacant that it couldn't even enter the brain it was an actual attack.. On the US?? Huh? Whaaaa???

Then the second one hit and on the East coast it was pandemonium and the rest of the country hovered and cowered and waited in confusion/fear/panic/shock and then there was another and another.

The aftermath was horrifying as the truth came out and then the real fear set in; where/what next?? How did this happen? How did we get so slack that 4 jet were commandeered??

The actual AIR felt heavy with emotion.

It was too much for words.

That's exactly how I felt. To be honest, when it happened i was in the 9th grade and we couldnt really comprehend the seriousness of it now. It wasn't until I saw this video (contains some graphic images) that I understood how vulnerable we were as a country. It seemed to me that ironically it was a beautiful day everywhere when 9/11 happened.

I was a sophomore in high school. Chemistry class. No one knew what was going on before then, but all the TVs were turned on. Half the people in my school were checked out because people feared an attack on the army depot in town.

Back