Shampoo and conditoner for color treat hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was using Pureology since it is sulfate free, which is important to me, and it was prolonging the color on my hair but then I came across someone that owns her own business on the web and makes a shampoo for color-treated hair and it's also sulfate free. It also slows down hair shedding and it appears to regrow some hair (not me yet since I've only been using it a short while) in the process so now I use hers (Ari's Home Spa) and it's even less expensive than the other brands I have used.

Sally's has a line that, in my opinion, is just as good as Pureology (and I used to use Pureology!). It's called Coloresse: Sulfate-free Shampoo

It's on sale this month too! $7.99 each, buy 2 get 1 free!

Warmly,

beaglette

I have been darkening my hair for years and I find that the Redken, All Soft - Heavy Cream works wonders for making my hair nice and soft and it doesn't affect the color either. I also like Biolage for color treated hair - it smells so awesome!!!

thanks for the great tips! I just got my hair highlighted for the first time today and want to preserve as much as possible.

I also would like to know what the best shampoo is for color treated hair. I just got mine hilighted Blonde and red with a few dark pieces in it. I want to make it last as long as I can. I do have Biolage color care, but also was thinking about Redken color extend or something. What do you all think?

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just started using biolage hydrating shampoo and conditioning balm- i wonder if this strips color??! The lady who does my hair actually uses that on her hair and all her clients. I was asking her what I should use and she said Biolage hydrating. I asked her if that would help keep the color longer and she said yes!! I was glad to hear that because they have a Sale on it at Cost Cutters a 1 liter and 16.9 oz conditioning balm for $25.00 so I bought 3 1 liters and 3 balms. I did also buy redken color xtend today so I will be switching them up. But I would say from what the stylist told me hydrating would be fine!

Back