• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ship for less!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried to use my paypal account to print a shipping label. I haven't used my account for quite a while, so I don't have a balance. Paypal won't let me add money to my account unless I send them proof of my Social Security number, proof of my address and a copy of photo ID. Did anyone else have to do this?

Quote: Originally Posted by feemia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tried to use my paypal account to print a shipping label. I haven't used my account for quite a while, so I don't have a balance.

Paypal won't let me add money to my account unless I send them proof of my Social Security number, proof of my address and a copy of photo ID. Did anyone else have to do this?

Yes. I was told there is a new law passed by the Federal Government requiring them to get this proof. What law it is, I don't know, but that's what was told to me.

I use pay pal printing/shipping labels all the time and haven't had to do this. I don't keep money in my account I have my paypal set up and connected to my debit card. Everytime I used paypal it takes money out of my debit card. I don't know if this will help in anyway? Anytime I want to print a label I simple just google paypal ship now and then log into paypal. Sorry this is happening to you. Maybe only thing to do is create a new account and start over. Paypal shipping is much cheaper and easier !!

I think they will allow you to link to a bank account instead of sending in all of the proof of identity stuff since you had to show all of it to set up your bank account in the first place. PayPal is basically a bank account, after all. I believe it has to do with the Patriot Act and anti-money laundering law. We had to take a course for this at work (I'm in banking), but I forgot the details as soon as I passed the test (I'm not in the sort of banking that touches these types of transactions, so I don't use the knowledge, which means it gets replaced by things like lists of what comics series are from which publishing house).

I've had my paypal account for about 15 years with my bank account linked to it.  I haven't used it very much the last few years, but I used to buy and sell regularly with no problems.  I don't know why they've now decided that they need proof of who I am.  

They didn't require proof of my identity all of the times that they screwed me over.  

I have more comments, but I'm going to pretend to be a lady and keep them to myself.

Back