Should I buy perfume on ebay... is it safe? Help!!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hey gals and guys!

I'm really wanting to buy aquolina's pink sugar, and at the moment i'm trying to save money. It's about $20-$25 cheaper on ebay. How do you spot fake perfumes? Did anyone buy perfume on ebay/ Do you recommend it? Do you know of any good sellers? Thanks!

Reaction score
Check the seller's feedback. That will tell you whether they are legit or not. Also, is it brand new or open? I wouldn't buy it if it was open because you never know what is in the bottle.

Reaction score
actually, now that you mentioned it... a few I saw were opened, but there were also a bunch closed. are the stores like perfume heaven, etc. legit. Like the ones in malls or at outlets.

do you know?

thanks for your help marisol! i miss you!

to me, whenever i bought perfume from those stores, the boxes seemed so flimsy... not like the sturdier ones perfumes come in from stores. i once bought angel from a store like that, and it didn't smell like my other angel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif actually, now that you mentioned it... a few I saw were opened, but there were also a bunch closed. are the stores like perfume heaven, etc. legit. Like the ones in malls or at outlets.
do you know?

thanks for your help marisol! i miss you!

to me, whenever i bought perfume from those stores, the boxes seemed so flimsy... not like the sturdier ones perfumes come in from stores. i once bought angel from a store like that, and it didn't smell like my other angel

Those stores like Perfumania are legit. I would recommend buying from them. But you should check the seller's feedback and just ask lots of questions.
I miss you guys too but I am back.

Reaction score
I bought a couple of discontinued ones from Max Azria off ebay before. They were good. Smelled just like it.

Reaction score
aquolina was the same one that i wanted to buy.. but sorta chicken to buying it off EBAY....

Reaction score
i have bought perfume of ebay, it seemed like the real thing, completlety unopened, smelled just fine.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted already but I ordered on ebay once and it didn't get to me because customs wouldn't allow it to cross the border. It's flammable so its a hazard!

Reaction score
My S/O bought metal jeans from ebay...and it smells like the original...I think fakes smell watered down

Reaction score
E-bay has become little more than a fence for stolen goods and rip-offs. Stay away!

Reaction score
I would have to agree, check the sellers feedback and go from there. I have bought twice from ebay. Once was from a woman and it was great, another time, from an outlet and I cant prove it but I think it was a dupe..

Reaction score
I have bought lots of avon fragrances on ebay. Real thing! You can tell by the packaging, can't you?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tootsieroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure if this was posted already but I ordered on ebay once and it didn't get to me because customs wouldn't allow it to cross the border. It's flammable so its a hazard! Really?? I'm in Canada too and I've never had a problem getting perfume shipped from the states. It definitley makes sense, maybe I've just been lucky.

Reaction score
i bought it from Sephora... I was too chicken to buy it anywhere else. LOL!