Should I buy perfume on ebay... is it safe? Help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gals and guys!

I'm really wanting to buy aquolina's pink sugar, and at the moment i'm trying to save money. It's about $20-$25 cheaper on ebay. How do you spot fake perfumes? Did anyone buy perfume on ebay/ Do you recommend it? Do you know of any good sellers? Thanks!

Check the seller's feedback. That will tell you whether they are legit or not. Also, is it brand new or open? I wouldn't buy it if it was open because you never know what is in the bottle.

actually, now that you mentioned it... a few I saw were opened, but there were also a bunch closed. are the stores like perfume heaven, etc. legit. Like the ones in malls or at outlets.

do you know?

thanks for your help marisol! i miss you!

to me, whenever i bought perfume from those stores, the boxes seemed so flimsy... not like the sturdier ones perfumes come in from stores. i once bought angel from a store like that, and it didn't smell like my other angel

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif actually, now that you mentioned it... a few I saw were opened, but there were also a bunch closed. are the stores like perfume heaven, etc. legit. Like the ones in malls or at outlets.
do you know?

thanks for your help marisol! i miss you!

to me, whenever i bought perfume from those stores, the boxes seemed so flimsy... not like the sturdier ones perfumes come in from stores. i once bought angel from a store like that, and it didn't smell like my other angel

Those stores like Perfumania are legit. I would recommend buying from them. But you should check the seller's feedback and just ask lots of questions.
I miss you guys too but I am back.

I bought a couple of discontinued ones from Max Azria off ebay before. They were good. Smelled just like it.

anyone hear of fragrancenet.com? i found good prices on there.

smile.gif

aquolina was the same one that i wanted to buy.. but sorta chicken to buying it off EBAY....

i have bought perfume of ebay, it seemed like the real thing, completlety unopened, smelled just fine.

I'm not sure if this was posted already but I ordered on ebay once and it didn't get to me because customs wouldn't allow it to cross the border. It's flammable so its a hazard!

My S/O bought metal jeans from ebay...and it smells like the original...I think fakes smell watered down

I would have to agree, check the sellers feedback and go from there. I have bought twice from ebay. Once was from a woman and it was great, another time, from an outlet and I cant prove it but I think it was a dupe..

I have bought lots of avon fragrances on ebay. Real thing! You can tell by the packaging, can't you?

Originally Posted by tootsieroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure if this was posted already but I ordered on ebay once and it didn't get to me because customs wouldn't allow it to cross the border. It's flammable so its a hazard! Really?? I'm in Canada too and I've never had a problem getting perfume shipped from the states. It definitley makes sense, maybe I've just been lucky.

Latest posts

Back