shu uemura's foundation color help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
if you don't live near a counter and you'd like to order a foundation by SU but have no clue which shade is yours, here's some info...

All of our foundation shades are comparable to each other and range from 300 to 900 on a scale of yellow to red hues. Depending upon your desired effect, you would choose either a match of your skin tone, or a shade more red or yellow to achieve the desired complexion.

300's have a red/pink undertone, 700's have a slight yellow base, and 900's have the most yellow undertone. 500's are our neutral family.

The next number values refer to the light to dark factor. The higher the number, the lighter the shade in the YR range and vice versa.

Thank you so much for this post!! I had posted this question a long time ago but nobody knew what their numbers meant!

Aw cool.. Thanks for posting that info Jennifer. We dont have a Shu counter in Cork so if i ever want to buy one of their foundations it will have to be online so i'll definitely have to bookmark this post now!

Back