*sigh* Another company to be wary of "Makeup Monthly"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they have any kind of special business relationship.  They may send out items from those brands.  I wonder if those companies would be ok with having their brand names used to promote this program? 

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do they really work with all those brands listed on the bottom? does anyone know?

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I doubt they have any kind of special business relationship.  They may send out items from those brands.  I wonder if those companies would be ok with having their brand names used to promote this program? 

that's why i'm asking... what threw me off was MAC especially. mac doesn't seem like the kind of company that is willing to partake in a monthly subby thing.

yes for 30$ I could get 3 boxes lol too much If I'm gonna spend 30$ I think I wanna buy specific items at that point!

Yeah I would bet money that none of those high end brands have a business relationship with a subscription company that's sending out random discontinued and clearance items at a high price.  As for whether or not the company is legally allowed to post their logos on the website without permission, I don't know...

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's why i'm asking... what threw me off was MAC especially. mac doesn't seem like the kind of company that is willing to partake in a monthly subby thing.

Looks like she is not planning to respond! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Keisha. Thanks for clearing it up. I did find your business license with the DOL and DOR under Your Own Beauty once you posted that here. Thanks again for clearing it up.

Since you're here... Can I ask why you didn't respond to Kimberly's phone calls or emails as well as why do you send out old and discontinued products? Most people who sign up for monthly subscriptions expect new products (as is just came out or hot on the market). From her videos she complained the items sent to her were old and discontinued, the wrong color for her complexion and that she had to contact her credit card and file a dispute to stop her subscription.

Especially for old products and products that don't work with your skin tone?  My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$30?!?!?!

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like she is not planning to respond!
She PMed me about not being able to find the link to reply back but never did answer my question in PM either. She followed me on a different forum as well as on my blog to basically copy and post what she wrote here. She wanted people to know she has a business license but she doesn't seem to want to answer why she never contacted the person (in the video) about why the products were discontinued or if the products were discontinued. I'll continue to state, buyer beware with that company.

Funny that she expects us to believe that she couldn't figure out how to reply here in the forum but was able to PM you!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She PMed me about not being able to find the link to reply back but never did answer my question in PM either. She followed me on a different forum as well as on my blog to basically copy and post what she wrote here. She wanted people to know she has a business license but she doesn't seem to want to answer why she never contacted the person (in the video) about why the products were discontinued or if the products were discontinued. I'll continue to state, buyer beware with that company.

I wouldn't mind joining a subscription service for special deals on discontinued makeup, but it would have to be stated up front that is what it does, and not for $30 a month! (I certainly do buy from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Big Lots, etc) and I'd have to know or at least believe they were recently discontinued, not 5-10 years old sitting in a warehouse getting crusty, separating, and probably growing bacteria too.

In this case I do think it's a rip off, since the women were lead to believe they were getting full sized products of current products to try, why else would you try them if you can't buy them again if you find you like them? It's no wonder this one hasn't taken off, I do think that it's a great idea and that there are companies out there who would be willing to work with a subscription service to give full sized products, but as Katie said, not MAC or any other really big name. So I'm thinking more like smaller to midsized companies, and I'd like to see someone go that route...maybe with all these small mineral makeup companies? Just a thought.

That would actually be really cool if there was a website that pretty much had all the discounted/overstock/discontinued makeup that you'd find at TJMaxx and Marshalls so you could browse everything and check often for good deals on your favorite brands or products.  I'm not so much into surprises though and I think especially with discontinued stuff I'd want to make my own selections- because sometimes there's a good reason an item is discontinued!

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't mind joining a subscription service for special deals on discontinued makeup, but it would have to be stated up front that is what it does, and not for $30 a month! (I certainly do buy from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Big Lots, etc) and I'd have to know or at least believe they were recently discontinued, not 5-10 years old sitting in a warehouse getting crusty, separating, and probably growing bacteria too.

In this case I do think it's a rip off, since the women were lead to believe they were getting full sized products of current products to try, why else would you try them if you can't buy them again if you find you like them? It's no wonder this one hasn't taken off, I do think that it's a great idea and that there are companies out there who would be willing to work with a subscription service to give full sized products, but as Katie said, not MAC or any other really big name. So I'm thinking more like smaller to midsized companies, and I'd like to see someone go that route...maybe with all these small mineral makeup companies? Just a thought.

Back