Signature Style ?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Everyone has their own style that is uniquely themselves that reflects their personality. that's what makes a person sexy


how would u describe ur signature style?

for me, i'd say i am into "preppy-glamour"; kind of like a mix of Jackie Onaissis and Sophia Loren. i love tight Lacoste shirts, boat neck shirts, white skirts, stilletos, dark cashmere cardigans over victoria secret lingerie tank tops
, and of course topped with my oversized plastic framed sunglasses


 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
wow, sounds cool! Divas rock


hm, do I have a signature style? don´t think so, it depends on my mood.

sometimes I dress pretty classy: white dress pants, golden high heels, black tube top, LV purse, golden hoops (my rich witch look..unfortunately I´m not really rich *lol*)

girly: anything in pastel colors and bright colors

can´t think of anything else. but: I always have to have earrings, and I like more extraordinary ones. doesn´t have to be expensive or like the biggest hoops, just a little more interesting than simple small studs (although i have those too).

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
442
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Originally Posted by sugersoul

Everyone has their own style that is uniquely themselves that reflects their personality. that's what makes a person sexy



how would u describe ur signature style?

for me, i'd say i am into "preppy-glamour"; kind of like a mix of Jackie Onaissis and Sophia Loren. i love tight Lacoste shirts, boat neck shirts, white skirts, stilletos, dark cashmere cardigans over victoria secret lingerie tank tops
, and of course topped with my oversized plastic framed sunglasses





I am really a Tank-top, shorts, and sandals kinda guy

 
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
I would say I'm punk-new wave glamour. I love bright colors and i try to be unique but I'm not messy , i shower and LOVE fashion and make-up. My look is very retro 60's/80's..

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i'm more casual. i don't really dress up. i think if i had to choose a star that i dressed like, it would be angelina jolie. she wears jeans a lot and it's simple, but just a touch of sexiness. i like v-neck shirts/sweaters. and we both wear a lot of black tops. if i could afford more clothes, then i would get more stuff like hers.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Liz i'm more casual. i don't really dress up. i think if i had to choose a star that i dressed like, it would be angelina jolie. she wears jeans a lot and it's simple, but just a touch of sexiness. i like v-neck shirts/sweaters. and we both wear a lot of black tops. if i could afford more clothes, then i would get more stuff like hers. Same here!!!
 
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
4,603
Reaction score
1
I am in the middle of transitioning styles ... I am trying to go from typical casual college student to a more adult look -- more mature casual clothes and more professional clothes for work since I graduate soon. However it's very frustrating becauses Misses departments usually don't have sizes small enough for me, and Juniors' clothes usually look too young for me.
(Or too sexy, like all those frilly mini-skirts! I was thrilled to find more knee-length skirts this season!)

Right now I have been wearing a lot of colored v-neck or scoop-neck t-shirts (thinking that's more age-appropriate that t-shirts with cartoon characters, more flattering than crew necks, yet not too sexy for class
). I also wear a lot of jeans, and more capris and less super-short shorts. I'm slowly building up a collection of fitted lightweight sweaters, button-down tailored shirts, and slacks for work but I've had a hard time finding things that fit. And of course I have a few sexy shirts for date nights -- but my one requirement is that I be able to wear some sort of bra under the shirt, I *hate* the braless look -- I even wear a strapless bra when a shirt has a built-in shelf bra.


I've also been wearing a lot more color lately, I got so bored wearing dull blues and neutrals all the time like I used to ... now some colors just look sickly on my pale skin (like pale pink and some shades of green) but I'll wear about anything else! (Dark or coral pinks, reds, lighter yellows, all shades of blue and turquoise and purple, and occasionally boring old black!)

 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by girl_geek I am in the middle of transitioning styles ... I am trying to go from typical casual college student to a more adult look -- more mature casual clothes and more professional clothes for work since I graduate soon. However it's very frustrating becauses Misses departments usually don't have sizes small enough for me, and Juniors' clothes usually look too young for me.
(Or too sexy, like all those frilly mini-skirts! I was thrilled to find more knee-length skirts this season!)
Right now I have been wearing a lot of colored v-neck or scoop-neck t-shirts (thinking that's more age-appropriate that t-shirts with cartoon characters, more flattering than crew necks, yet not too sexy for class
). I also wear a lot of jeans, and more capris and less super-short shorts. I'm slowly building up a collection of fitted lightweight sweaters, button-down tailored shirts, and slacks for work but I've had a hard time finding things that fit. And of course I have a few sexy shirts for date nights -- but my one requirement is that I be able to wear some sort of bra under the shirt, I *hate* the braless look -- I even wear a strapless bra when a shirt has a built-in shelf bra.


I've also been wearing a lot more color lately, I got so bored wearing dull blues and neutrals all the time like I used to ... now some colors just look sickly on my pale skin (like pale pink and some shades of green) but I'll wear about anything else! (Dark or coral pinks, reds, lighter yellows, all shades of blue and turquoise and purple, and occasionally boring old black!)

*lol* I know what you mean bout not wearing those cartoon t-shirts. I´m always thinking (since people say I look younger than 21), maybe I should dress a lil more grown up. I sometimes do and people compliment me on that style.
but I just can help loving girly clothes, pastel colors, and more revealing stuff to wear when I go out. so I´m thinking, nah, I´m not that old and I´m still in school-and I will be for a few more years so I´ll wear my girly stuff as long as I can


 
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
4,603
Reaction score
1
lol, hey as long as you like your style, that's all that matters, right?
I'm just tired of looking young since I don't *feel* that young anymore ... something about being married for a year and almost finished with grad school is making me feel more like an adult
(Plus I just turned 24.) So I just want to reflect that in my style ... if nothing else, when I start working I don't want to be mistaken for the college intern! lol

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
I'm mostly casual. My signature piece-diamond studs! I wear them every day. In fact, I never take them out unless to clean them or to put in "special occasion" earrings.

 
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
875
Reaction score
2
Signature style?? Well, at the moment, being a stay-at-home mom, I am definitely a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal. However, I love those Juicy Couture terry hoodies and sweatpants, but they are a bit pricey. My birthday's coming up, so I think I'm going give my husband a hint.


I also love to wear dresses...I'll find any excuse to get dressed up and wear one.

 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
465
Reaction score
0
Jeans and any top that emphasises my small boobs. For work, it is very casual. Usually chinos and a nice top.

 
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
370
Reaction score
0
I'm mostly casual. I'm trying to do the transition things as well...I'm about to graduate in December and want/need to look more "grown up".

 
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
3
I would say my style is very "college student" with the jeans, graphic tees, and a hoodie thrown over when it gets cold. But I'm trying to change it to something a bit more sophisticated, because I feel like a bum.

 
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
5,222
Reaction score
0
Would jeans and shirts count as style? I try to wear eyeshadow to look a bit more together. But still, im not sure I have style


 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
7,760
Reaction score
1
i think i'm all over the map. i'd call my style eclectic. just about anything goes depending on how i feel that day!

 
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
i don't exactly use labels but i would just call my signature style weird

(not goth or punk thats just wrong) !

i usually wear a band shirt or somthing from wet seal or forever 21

when i wear band shirts i often wear a long sleeve shirt (that usually dosent match i must add =D) jeans that are usually a size or 2 too big

converse, vans slip ons, or flats (i usually wear my sequin ones) i hate shirts that say things like "perfect" or "50% devil 50% angel" the only shirt i have that says a phrase says "music makes me high" but i suppose that is my style

 
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
22,700
Reaction score
1
Not unless you count "comfortable!" I don't really go with the new "in" look or anything... I'm mostly a jeans & t-shirts kinda gal... Or sweats! Now, I do get dressed up for going out to clubs, and I prefer a business casual look at work most days, but give me an awesome pinstripe suit, and I'll rock it!

 

Nox

Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,409
Reaction score
1
I dunno, I think I follow the "Noxious" style best, LOL. I don't do the teeny-bop thing, but I am not about to start dressing doudy/frumpy/matronly either.

 

Latest posts

Top