Silly question but when do i apply a toner?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I'm new to using toners. i just bought some pure witchhazel but don't know when i'm supposed to use it. after i cleanse but before i moisturize? but then doesn't the moisturizer counter the tightening action of the toner? what to do what to do...

Reaction score
Yep, a toner is after you cleanse. I would be sure it is dry then apply your moisturizer.

Reaction score
the order is cleanse, scrub (if neccessary) tone, moisturise. autumnagain is right, you wait until the toner has evaporated before you apply the moisturiser.

toner is not just used to 'tighten' the skin - it also refines the look of the pores, so by moisturising you won't be undoing the work of the toner

Reaction score
phew! i did it right this morning - thanks. the toner[witchhazel] seemed to make no difference at all. is that normal? is it doing something i can't see but is good for me?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by corri /img/forum/go_quote.gif phew! i did it right this morning - thanks. the toner[witchhazel] seemed to make no difference at all. is that normal? is it doing something i can't see but is good for me? you're more likely to get longer term results than overnight miracles. You know that toner recipe I mentioned? You can also use witch hazel distillate as the "liquid" portion