Silver Lining: 5 ways to wear a silver liner.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
Everyone has something a bit more unconventional in their makeup collection that seems to get very little use. For me, it's silver eyeliner. In the past two weeks alone, two sterling-toned liners have come my way, and I felt as if the universe was telling me something. Want to try out the pearly gray hue yourself? Check out five tips on how to rock a silver liner — without looking like an ice queen — when you read more.
  • As a highlighter: To perk up tired eyes, line the inner corners of the eyes with a silver liner. Think January Jones at the Emmys.
  • Waterlining: To brighten and open up the eyes, simply waterline the lower lash lines with silver.
  • Clean and simple: For a pretty, feminine look that will make your eyes pop, line the entire upper and lower lash lines with the lustrous hue. Apply a bone or soft beige shadow to even out any unwanted pigments in your skin, and top off with a berry-toned blush and lip color.
  • Duotone it: First line the lower lash line with a silver liner and smudge it. Then, line the upper lash line with a bronze or gold tone. Top off with some black mascara for some contrast.
  • Smoke it out: Give black liner a smoky edge by layering and blending a silver liner right over it.
How to Wear a Silver Eyeliner

Those are good ideas. I have a silver eye liner and I never really use it cause I didn't know what to do with it. I'll definitely try some of these tips.

Great tips and ideas. Thanks for posting this.

I have never tried silver eyeliner. Maybe I should when no buy is over.

Awesome tips. I actually don't have a silver eye liner at the moment, but the next time I see a good one I might have to get it.

My mother has hazel eyes and when she lines her waterline with silver it really makes her eyes pop. All you need then is black mascara and you're done.

I rarely do a silver liner, i guess it's because i'm not really used to it, but it makes a nice contrast with my blue eyeshadows.

I used my silver eyeshadow to become a Fafi for Halloween. I was Monoka with silver hearts on my cheeks.

I also tried to make it work for Fourth of July, but that was a fail.

This is great.
smile.gif
I love silver eyeshadow and use it a fair bit but for some reason I can never think of anything to do with my silver liners.

Back