Simpson's Meltdown Caused by Faulty Dress

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pop star Jessica Simpson's poor performance at the Kennedy Center Honors event on Sunday night was due to her faulty dress.

Simpson performed the song "Nine to Five" during a tribute to Dolly Parton and was seen awkwardly clutching her strapless gown with one arm while holding a microphone with the other.

According to Star magazine, the singer was desperately trying to keep her gown up until the end of the song and became distracted while heavily relying on cue cards to read the lyrics.

Simpson became visibly distraught after flubbing the song and abruptly exited the stage after saying, "Dolly, you make me so nervous!"

The botched performance will not air during the televised special on December 26, as Simpson requested to re-tape the segment after the show.

Source: SFGate

Don't blame her...it's genetic. That's what Joe Simpson's girls do when they are forced to sing live on stage.

I saw it on Inside Edition and don't believe the dress excuse. I agree with what the country star said "She should have learned the words!" How can you be a performer at such an affair and disrepect the honoree by using que cards? She didn't know the words to Dolly Partons 9-5.

i didnt see it, maybe someone should of blew in her ear to give her a refill

I feel bad for her for some reason, i think shes heading for a mariah breakdown. I love Dolly Parton though. lol

i think her poor performance has to do with her being a poor performer.. all a matter of time as she just crumbles.

Wait people were still clapping when she left. So im confused about the whole thing :kopfkratz: Oh well, I still think it was so disrespectful to not know the song.

I agree. Idk how she didnt know the words to that song if dolly was supposedly her idol.

Well - That dress was tighter that a undersized rubber band over an over sized balloon - it was going nowhere HAHA!

But even I know that song by heart! She should not get that flustered - she is supposed to be a professional performer, right?

I think the woman is pretty as can be - but she needs to brush up in her "skills".

Skills....what skills? She didn't look like she was having trouble with the dress when she ran off the stage, just a total lack of talent.

That's what you get for not being prepared to honor a great country music legend.

Latest posts

Back