Skin Care Routine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of rice milk and some k-products. I also apply avocado once a week to keep my skin soft and smooth.

HI I love your thread. 

I also love korean skin care 

I do the seven step korean skin care routine and loved the effect it gave on my skin.

I'm a fan of snail serum, volcanic clay mask, milk moisturizer, aloe vera, and tomato mask

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Their are THREE MAIN STEPS that I generally follow - 

• Cleansing — Washing or cleaning my face using natural makeup remover
  • Toning — Balancing the skin using my favorite toner.
  • Moisturizing — Hydrating and softening the skin using Lakme softening creme.
The goal of any skin-care routine is to tune up your complexion so it’s functioning at its best, and also troubleshoot or target any areas you want to work on. As your skin needs shifts with age, so will your products. 

i used to do the whole K-beauty routine but I felt it's a lot of work lol but it does make my skin look so vibrant and glowy. Now I only use a moisturiser from Laneige and an eye cream from Missha. My day time routine is wash with a gentle cream cleanser with my facial brush, put Laneige cream moisture or Cetaphil hyaluronic lotion and then face oil (rosehip oil from Purifict and is made in Korea). my nighttime routine is pretty much the same except I add my snail eye cream from Missha. This routine also gives me the same glow and dewy look that I love.

Thank you! I ordered a few things this weekend to try. The few K Beauty items I had I have been using and I can't believe the difference they have made. I usually stay away form moisturizers because my skin gets so oily, so I was nervous about using so much.
Hi there, 

Hope you are well :) Do you know this korean beauty blogger from LA? Her name is Chriselle Lim, she is my absolute inspiration!!! 

Hope you can check her blog out for beauty/skincare tips: https://dausel.co/BqeQL9 

Let me know if you like her and we can chat more !

xxx 

Luna 

A ten-step skincare routine is surely extensive but once you start seeing the results, it is a game-changer. If you're busy and cannot follow the 10-step routine, opt for the five-step or three-step routine that can easily fit into your busy schedule. 

The most essential steps are cleansing, toner and moisturisers. And you can find different type of moisturiser for oily, dry or sensitive skin. For dry skin, you can opt for Cosrx Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturising Lotion or BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel. 

Always remember to use a toner after a cleansing step as it brings the pH value of the skin to the normal level while also removes any extra impurities that might have been left behind. If you're following this routine in the morning, add a layer of sun protection before heading out.
Our recommendation: Missha Safe Block Airy Sun Stick which is extremely easy to apply. You can also opt for Jet'Aime Sun Cream by Eunyul. 

If you're trying to battle a specific problem like under-eye or acne scars, you can add a step to your daily skincare routine for this. 
Our recommendation: Snail Truecica Repair Serum for Acne
Innisfree Jeju Orchid Eye Cream or Missha Speedy Solution Brightening Eye Mask for Undereye. 

You can use a Face mask 2 or 3 times every week depending on the type of skin you have. Try Tonymoly Pureness 100 Snail Sheet Mask or Cosrx One Step Up Pimple Clear Kit.

You should be consistent with your basic 3,5 or 10 step routine while pampering your skin to some extra Korean products now and then. However, nothing can beat the ten-step routine.

I am able to do 6-8 steps out of the 10 and it's already a lot of work! ?

My skincare routine changes frequently, mostly depending on what I feel my skin needs. I also consider latest beauty research, reviews, and never ending sales promotions. Although I am not able to finish most bottles before buying new ones, I make sure to circle back to the older products so I can use them before their expiration dates. Rotation is key!

Skin type: combination skin
Skin concerns: fine lines, pores, sun spots, hydration, firmness, and texture

Morning routine w/o exfoliation:

1. Oil cleanser - I double cleanse nightly, but also some mornings when I feel like it.  For now, I am finishing up the Boscia cleansing oil that I bought on sale and will definitely not repurchase! The scent is too strong for me to think that my sense of smell is usually tolerant to fragrance. My staple oil cleanser which I absolutely love is DHC cleansing oil, and I always have this on-hand.
  2. Foam wash - I use Cerave Foaming Facial wash for my second cleanse.
  3. Essence - SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. My holy grail. I love this stuff so much that I'm on my 5th bottle and counting. I put it on before the toner I am currently using because it is thinner than the next product. 3 layers on problem areas.
  4. Toner - Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner. This toner is best for the 7-skin method. Rather than doing 7 skins, 3-4 applications keeps my skin hydrated enough. Here's my review on this toner.
  5. Serum - The Ordinary Buffet + The Ordinary Niacinamide
  6. Moisturizer & SPF - Less 1 step for me because I am currently using Cerave AM lotion with SPF. Note: The SPF on it isn't high. For days that I need a stronger SPF, I switch to Neutrogena.

Back