Skin Under the Arms

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do I get rid of the black skin under my arms? I've heard that epilators do the job but they're too expensive for me to buy. Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

How long has it been like this and is it accompanied with any itching or sensitivity?

I was hunting around for an answer to this when I stumbled onto some interesting articles. It appears there are a few reasons you can have darkened underarms and most of them are internal. The most common is having insulin resistance (pre-diabetic) or being diabetic. Another one is having minor allergic reactions to lotions or underarm products like anti-perspirants or deodorants. Yet another culprit can be multiple ingrown hairs if they have been there for an extended period of time it can darken the skin. It can also be a signal of hormone imbalance, PCOS, or Addison's disease.

I would try changing your underarm products first and see if that is what is causing it. If it doesn't go away I would recommend a trip to the primary care physician to rule out potential medical issues.

Edit: Here's an interesting article you may want to read,

Latest posts

Back