Skin whitening products, any Actually work?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone else has tried any skin whitening products? especially face ones (but any really) Ive heard Amira is good but there's supposedly A Lot of fake ones around and its SO expensive. Ive looked on a few sites but nothing which has any shown results which makes me skeptical

Hi, I used a Pidobenzone cream - K5 Lipogel - when I had some brown areas in my face. I had to use it for several week, but the result was good. Also my skin looked better.

Try and let me know.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, the thing is, none of them are really permanent.  The best way to lighten your skin is to wear a sunscreen so your skin has a chance to heal over tme.  Dark patches from acne will go away over the decades etc...  Plus the sun will accentuate any dark spots.

Not too long ago I read a listing of higher end products.  And the Estee Lauder we got in our sample society boxes ranked near the top although not on the top.  I think it makes a very mild difference in a short time.  Although I haven't used it long term yet.  EL makes some really nice products.  Very nice...

But have you considered using a time tested product?  Good old fashioned, Porcelana.  They sell one of their products with a strong sunscreen so you will be lightening and protecting from further dark spots at the same time.  It's cheap so why not give it a try?

Oh and an old fashioned one my mom told me about...  Rub a piece of lemon on your face to give it some "sunshine". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! will look around for the products you mention im from new zealand so its very hard to get much here and ebay etc is very expensive for shipping which sucks! ile keep an eye out

I would agree with candes on sun protection + time. To add to that, hydration is the key to healthy and brighter looking skin. Make sure that you remain well hydrated at all times. I recommend you use products that contain Aloe Vera extract, Hylauronic Acid, or Sclerotium Rolfsii as they are all very good hydration agents. 

Oh and an old fashioned one my mom told me about...  Rub a piece of lemon on your face to give it some "sunshine". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Candes, I'm going to have to disagree with your mum on this part;  lemon oils can cause your skin to be more photosensitive for about 12-24 hours after application.  

Citrus oils in general can cause phototoxicity, where exposure to sunlight results in a rash called phytophotodermatitis (see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10195477 and http://www.the-dermatologist.com/content/what-caused-this-rash-on-this-man%E2%80%99s-wrist-and-hand).  Your mileage may vary, of course.

To the OP, I agree with the recommendation of sunscreen and time.  If you have a dermatologist there may be some prescription whitening agents suitable for you.

I have been using this product now for just over a year and have great results from both a skin whitening perspective as well as moisturizing and replenishing too. It's a single mask put on and wear for about 20-30 minutes and your face feels amazing after it's all done. Order direct and have it shipped to your home. Skindulgence BioCell Mask http://www.engineeredlifestyles.com/skindulgence/skindulgence-biocell.html

Hydration and sun protection are your best bet, as the other posters said. Do not fall for any sketchy online products though that miraculously claim to get you overnight results. 

Yea, sun protection can help for long terms to prevent your skin directly expose to sunlight. It's advisable to use brightening range rather than whitening range. 

What about using herbal treatment for whitening like lemon, lime, calamansi and kiwi? If you will purchase products, make sure it's made from Japan and Korea.

I have read a good review of Juvabrite formulated by Dermatologists. It diminishes dark spots, sun spots, and acne marks to help return your skin to its natural color, tone and texture

[SIZE=14pt]You will surely get to see good results if you'll use the right skin whitening product. You need to understand your skin type first and then decide on which products to buy. [/SIZE]

as Andrea mentioned above , you will have good results if you chose the right lightener Cream and you will get to notice some enhancements on, your skin after using the cream for 3 to 5 months , so be patient .

Skin care is not a one-day solution 

Dermalmd Good stuff. Seems to work takes about 2 weeks to see the difference in age spots. Seems to work better on spots that are not that old

Samira Cosmetics skincare work wonders for me. As far as I know, their whitening skin care line contains a whitening therapy called Biotermaclearycin, which I think is much more effective than any other whitening skincare ingredient in the market. Well, as for me! :)

instead of using the cosmetic whitening products, i strongly recommend you to use a natural supplement like Organic Himalayan Shilajit as it contains Fulvic acid that not only clear the skin but also slows down the aging process.

Honestly I asked suggestions once from a friend who is a dentist and he said that none of the "cheap" products online are valid for long-lasting results if not obviously having you teeth whitened professionally..

I got intimate whitening of dermalmd, not for any intimate areas, but for my daughter. She has a birthmark that is highly pigmented and i figured we'd try this on it. It's been a few weeks and it seems to be working. It has lightened up quite a bit. She's extremely happy!!

I got intimate whitening of dermalmd, not for any intimate areas, but for my daughter. She has a birthmark that is highly pigmented and i figured we'd try this on it. It's been a few weeks and it seems to be working. It has lightened up quite a bit. She's extremely happy!!
That's great, how about scars?

Latest posts

Back