Skin79 BB Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which Skin79 bb cream do you recommend?

I checked their website and for me they recommended the gold one because I have dry skin. But I was reading reviews and people said it's thicker[which would probably grab onto at dry spots and make them more obvious]

So I wanted to see from those that have tried it what their favorite was.

I love the Gold but am currently using Total Absolute which has a shimmer (not my favorite). I've previously purchased the BB Miniature Set Black set but there is a sampler set for $5 on the Skin79 NA site.

I'm using the gold too. It is pretty thick, more like a foundation than a tinted moisturizer, but I just mix it with a little moisturizer to make it easier to spread/blend in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I'm using the Gold and I really like it, I also tried the Hot Pink, but preferred the Gold. When I ordered they had a deal where you could get a sample of the Gold and Hot Pink for $5 and it gave you a code for $10 your next order.

Do you guys recommend getting the sachets? 

I found a seller on amazon who's selling 10 sachets[2 of each product] for $8 including shipping.

But for $5 more and free shipping I could get the pink one in a full size.

I've used the hot pink, and I'm currently using the Gold right now. Im from Canada and in my opinion, the Gold is more moisturizing for the colder winter while the hot pink is more suitable for summer. 

I've also been using the hot pink one and it's been great. But it might not be good enough for my dry flakey skin in the summer. I think i might try the gold one then - thanks for the recommendation! For people in Canada, I usually get my bbcreams from www.momomango.com

I love the hot pink, but I have combination skin and I am extremely pale. My mom has very dry skin, darker than mine but not tan; she likes the Dr. Jart's Premium SPF 45. The Skin79 for girls is much sheerer, if you are concerned about too much coverage.

I have the Hot Pink and Diamond Prestige. They are okay but seems like it really depends on the weather when you use the products.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the hot pink, but I have combination skin and I am extremely pale. My mom has very dry skin, darker than mine but not tan; she likes the Dr. Jart's Premium SPF 45. The Skin79 for girls is much sheerer, if you are concerned about too much coverage.
For me I don't want the thicker one to grab onto my dry skin. Some foundations have a tendency to grab onto my skin and make my dry spots more pronounced.

I would want more coverage as long as it wouldn't make my dry spots more noticeable. 

The best coverage I've found is with the Missha Perfect Cover. They also have a lot of shades to choose from. I haven't noticed cakeyness on my dry spots with any of the Korean BB creams, since they blend so well, as long as I have exfoliated regularly.  I have sample packets of the Skin79 Gold and the Hot Pink. I can send you one of each if you PM me your address. That way you can test it for yourself before buying.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Hot Pink and Diamond Prestige. They are okay but seems like it really depends on the weather when you use the products.
The Diamond Prestige was very shimmery for me, and too much of a dewy finish.

I don't think there's a huge difference between the gold and pink tubes. Similar formula, one's a bit more moisturizing.

Weird they don't have the Vital Orange on there. That one is more for dry skin, but I get dry patchy flakes from Retina and I find the VIP gold works really well and doesn't cling to dry spots. The hot pink would probably work too. I thought it made my skin too oily.

Well it is an older chart and the Super Plus Triple Functions BB Vital Cream is a newer product. I think it would fall under Mature (M), has SPF protection (P), Whitening Features (W) but not sure about the rest.

It looks like there is more than one Hot Pink. The one that I like is the Super, not the Shiny Pearl, because it has sebum control.

Latest posts

Back