Skincare: What would you like to receive (or give) this holiday season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings Makeup Talk members!

That time of the year is fast approaching! You know what we’re talking about: the time you start making holiday shopping lists and rack your brains on what to buy for your loved one. Or when you daydream about what you would like Santa to bring you this year - and don’t you want to evoke a reaction like this?

​

This is why we, the team at Makeup Talk, have come up with a plan to help you find guidance and inspiration for the upcoming holiday shopping madness. We’re planning to publish a useful and well-researched gift guide covering the following areas:

1. Makeup
  2. Makeup Brushes and Tools
  3. Sample Subscription Programs
  4. Skincare
  5. Hair
  6. Nails
  7. Body and Fragrance
But we need your help! Here’s how your invaluable expertise with beauty products can come into play:

• Think of a product in each of these categories that you’ve been using and really love. Think of whether you’d like to gift it to someone you love (or you secretly want it for yourself.)
  • Leave a comment in this thread on why you love that particular product or go to any one the other threads listed above. We encourage your feedback in more than one category but if time’s not on your side, we’re happy to get your input in at least the area you feel most knowledgeable or passionate about.
We’ll then use some of our magic techie tools to compile your feedback into a comprehensive holiday gift outline. And best of all: we’ll give credit in the final piece to those of you who contributed a lot.

If you’d like to get notified when the guide comes out, subscribe to this thread or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you all in advance and really looking forward to your posts!

Best,
Zadidoll
Makeup Talk Community Manager

To gift or put on a wishlist... 1. Shea Terra whipped body butters... Lots of interesting and yummy smelling scents and your skin will thank you! Plus, they sell mini tins on the site, so you could buy several and put gift bags together or do stocking stuffers. 2. Sampler packs from companies like Murad, Juice, Dermalogica, Philosophy... These may cost a bit more, but most companies offer starter kits of popular products/lines including cleansers and moisturizers. 3. Clarisonics... Pricey, but an option! A more affordable alternative would be something like the Olay scrub brush, which runs around $30, I think. 4. Mud masks or exfoliating scrubs like the popular sleep mask kits, Kahina mud masque, Borghese Fango mud masques(the larger sizes come in cute glass jars), Philosophy Microdermabrasion scrub for face(smells awesome!)...

I totally agree with the Shea Terra whipped body butters. I think I am going to get some of those as gifts for my mom, mom in law and sister in law. I think they would love those.

My mom always requests for some Clinique moisturizer so if there is anyone on your list with mature skin, she loves them!!

For me, it's pretty much anything philosophy. Body washes, face washes, the purity face wipes, and did I mention the bodywashes? 

For skincare this season it is all about Shea Terra for me.

1. Shea Terra Whipped Body Butter in Marula, Gingered Pumpkin or Bananas & Baobabs are a must have for this holiday season. I only recently discovered this company this year but their products are out of this world. Super moisturizing, smells amazing and great company ethics. (copied from the body section because it fits here too)

2. Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Face Wash and Mask. This face wash needs an "I'm stinky" warning but I have to tell you, it has done wonderful things for my skin. It really clears out my pores without all that harsh scrubbing. I use it twice a week and have seen such a huge difference. This is one item that will stay in my beauty regimen for a long time.

I would be in heaven if I got the 3Lab "M Cream" I think it is the best ever lotion and smells amazing but the price is crazy high at $260 for two oz.!!! But I always tend to think if beauty items I would not normally buy myself for presents.

Philosophy. I am addicted. I love Purity and it has cleared my skin up like nothing else I have tried. I just got home from my local sephora store and got a chance to smell some of their Autumn scents (I love Candy Corn is AMAZING) and am really looking forward to the winter ones!

Latest posts

Back