Skinny Jeans. Who Should Wear Em.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This look is completely cute, IMO:

zac-efron-vanessa-hudgens-gas-station-929-21.jpg

Ignore the girl in the red hat.

But since she's short - gotta fold them up or get them tailored.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i love skinny jeans on me, they make my legs look skinier and make me look like i actually have hips. LOL I need to get some then!!! My hips are non-existent! I think because the skinny jeans are tighter at the bottom it can make my hips look wider than they are. But I don't want my legs to look any skinnier (haha) so I'll probably get skinny jeans in a lighter color, like those light gray ones that I saw some at HM last week that I'm just lusting for!

Yeah I agree skinny jeans can work for everyone, it just depends what you wear with it and what cut and color you choose. For a petite body like me (I'm only 4'11"), wearing them with heels or wedges is really cute IMHO. Also, to avoid making legs look too skinny, you might want to try skinny jeans in lighter colors.

I think jeans that are wider at the bottom can make petite girls look shorter. Straight-cut jeans are cute for petite girls too. Which reminds me...as soon as I recover from my Christmas shopping credit card overload...I'm giving my closet a makeover and getting me more skinny and straight-cut jeans!!!

ROFL @ "Rotten Plum"

I think anybody can rock out a pair. It just needs to fit THAT body properly, and it's not about just the damn jeans. It's how the TOTAL outfit is put together!

I cant wear them, personally. They make my thighs look huge. If you have somewhat thin legs, they look good. They also look good on heavier girls who have a more "up and down even look". If you have curves, they dont look so hot. THEN AGAIN, it could just be a matter of finding a good brand/cut. Nevermind the blabbering....lol

i watched tv and i think they mentioned that those with very fat butts are not advise to wear skinny jeans

I dunno, I think that you should only wear the types of jeans that suit you and don't try to keep up with the current trend ..but if the current trend suits you then go right ahead and work it : )

This thread is a little old, but do you all think it's still in because I've been wanting a pair for so long but I always try them at the stores and it looks horrible, then I finally bought a pair two days ago because those ones looked better for some reason and I just really wanted a pair. And my main quesiton is which way worn do they look better: bunched at the bottom (first pic), or completely fitted lengthwise(second and third pic) (or is there no preference between the two)? I'm short and the pair I bought is about 6 inches longer than my legs (ya i know that's embarassing :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and I was gonna get them hemmed, but i was just trying them out with shoes so I just bunched it up and it's not too bad, it looks almost like venessa hudgen's pic at the top of this page
biggrin.gif

(I've never posted images so we'll see if I get this)

earne1002214184_347x683f.jpg

skinny_jeans_1.jpg

Originally Posted by avenged /img/forum/go_quote.gif This thread is a little old, but do you all think it's still in because I've been wanting a pair for so long but I always try them at the stores and it looks horrible, then I finally bought a pair two days ago because those ones looked better for some reason and I just really wanted a pair. And my main quesiton is which way worn do they look better: bunched at the bottom (first pic), for completely fitted lengthwise(second and third pic) (or is there no preference between the two)? I'm short and the pair I bought is about 6 inches longer than my legs (ya i know that's embarassing :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and I was gonna get them hemmed, but i was just trying them out with shoes so I just bunched it up and it's not too bad, it looks almost like venessa hudgen's pic at the top of this page
biggrin.gif
(I've never posted images so we'll see if I get this)

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/...4_347x683f.jpg

http://www.lasplash.com/uploads/1/skinny_jeans_1.jpg

if you plan to wear them with shoes with different heels then i guess you should have longer lengths.
i do like skinny jeans though, coz it looks nice although the shoes you could pair it with could be pretty tricky.

if you want to look taller, try the ones with vertical stripes to make your legs slimmer and longer and also you could try skinny pants in other fabrics than jeans...they might work better for you. thanks.

I'm completely the opposite when it comes to skinny jeans. Most girls don't like them because skinny jeans make their thighs look big. With me, I feel like a stick. Seriously, when I wear these I feel anorexic. I'm 5'9... 110lbs. I always wear them with heels. Would it help make me look curvier if I wore flats?

Hiya
smile.gif

Jeans with less stretch will lessen that 'too-skinny', bendy look and give more substance and form.

Back