Smelly urine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
haha ok this is embarrassing.. but gotta ask.. lately my urine has been smelling really bad.. kinda like fish *gross*.. it never smelled at all before.. and i dont think ive been eating any differently.. anyone have any idea what this could be from ?? i want it to stop >.<

Hmm... I gotta ask - are you sexually active? It may be a sign of Gardnerella vaginalis, an anaerobic bacteria that is resident on perineal area, but is controlled when your vaginal pH is ok - when not, it grows a lot and can leave a really bad smell on the area (smell of dead fish)

But i'm just assuming - the best option is to search for a gyno so he/she can give you proper orientation, after examining you;

yes i am.. just read up on a little on Gardnerella vaginalis and seems like its usually associated with like a grey/yellow smelly discharge and a burning pain? and vaginal odors etc, which i havnt had.. its only the urine thats smelling..

Well i suggest a checkup and a pap smear to make sure u dont have anything wrong

If I eat a lot of tuna...or even aparagus i will get a faint smell. Thats only if i have ate it all week long for lunch or something

Originally Posted by Hanamizu /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes i am.. just read up on a little on Gardnerella vaginalis and seems like its usually associated with like a grey/yellow smelly discharge and a burning pain? and vaginal odors etc, which i havnt had.. its only the urine thats smelling.. I´ve had garnerella 3 times already (btw in some cases you can also have it while you´re not being sexually active. In my case the bacterial infection is usually triggered by stress), but I never had smelly urine. Just the bad vaginal odor, and not even burning/itching or discharge. Symptoms may vary.
I´d definitely make an appointment with your gynaecologist to see what´s causing this.

ITA with you, Andi (i had the 'beast' as well and i had the same symptoms as you, LOL)

It could be also a UTI caused by an anaerobic bacteria

you may have a UTI... your urine is supposed to be mostly sterile, but bacteria traveling through your urinary tract can cause infections in your bladder or kidney or other areas in your urinary tract.

Is it your urine that smells, or your vagina?

I think it would definitely be worth a trip to the gynecologist.

Originally Posted by Hanamizu /img/forum/go_quote.gif its only the urine I second could be UTI.
Do you have pain when you urinate?

Any fevers?

bladder infections and uti's both cause smelly urine.... you should definately see a dr.

I had a UTI once, and my urine smelled... I asked my bf's mom (I am really close with her) what I could take for a UTI, first thing she said is... that's a sign of possible pregnancy. A week later I found out I was pregnant.

Ok, not to hijack your thread but, as someone else said, your urine can smell depending on what you eat.

Don't laugh but, when I eat Sugar Smacks or Super Sugar Crisp, my tee-tee smells EXACTLY like the cereal. So does my mom's. And both of my sisters'. (I mean, not that I've smelled their PEE before-- ha! but, we compared notes on this...lol!) Does anyone else eat that cereal and have smelly tee-tee?

Ok, sorry, I just had to ask and thought a thread that said "Eating Super Sugar Crisp Causes Tee-Tee to Smell Like Said Cereal" might be a bit weird for some
wink.gif

Let us know when you figure it out, please!

Warmly,

Brandi

Brandi, that is so funny. I noticed that when I eat those too. Just like aspargus(sp?). That is so funny! So your not the only.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had a UTI once, and my urine smelled... I asked my bf's mom (I am really close with her) what I could take for a UTI, first thing she said is... that's a sign of possible pregnancy. A week later I found out I was pregnant. NO S**T! I have never ever heard that before.

I'm not sure what it could be caused from but I had a uti once and my urine never smelled. I just had to pee alot but very little came out, it also burned. I went to the doc and found out I had a uti and that I had blood in my urine cuz it had gotten so bad. I would def go get it checked out just to be on the safe side. Better to be safe than sorry. That's what I always say.

I agree with beaglette.......if it's only your urine that smells, it's something you ate or took. Sometimes, my vitamins or herbal supplements for menopause will make mine smell strong.

I have heard that if you eat alot of tuna fish, your vagina will smell "fishy" and asparagus will change the smell of your urine.

Drink lots of water, so that your urine is clear to a light yellow and if it still smells strong, try cranberry juice.

If all else fails, ask your Dr.

Good luck, honey!

Latest posts

Back