So apparently...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've lost about 20 lbs. since February! Yay! I'm close to the "numerical" goal I had, but my physical form isn't what I want. Now, I didn't necessarily strive to lose the weight, but I'm glad I've lost it. Originally, back in February before I joined MUT, I was taking Lipovarin pills for about a month. I haven't bought more since the initial bottle, and I don't think I need more. I was working out with Winsor Pilates and Budokon, but after pulling a groin muscle and whatever else occurred, I quit. So, needless to say, the weight has apparently left me without a lot of effort... I'm a lazy, sad sack who plans on getting her rear in gear as of the beginning of the New Year.

My goals:

[*]Stop smoking ~ Yes, I smoke if you didn't already know... Not proud of it, but I do plan on quitting!

[*]Eat healthier ~ While I'm not big on cakes, ice creams, etc., I don't eat properly. I admit to that full of guilt! I'm not a big snacker, but I don't eat breakfast (for years I got sick if I ate before 1pm), and I rarely eat lunch. I do plan on going to the health food store for some goodies... (BTW, I've already been given the riot-act by D, so please be easy on me!)

[*]Work out more ~ As in pick back up on a fitness plan, and stick to it! I'm going to start with 3-4 days a week. Depending, I might add more days or just stay at that. Doubtful I'll work out 7 days a week...

So, that's the plan... My 4th resolution doesn't fall under health/fitness LOL! Wish me luck! I'll need it, as well as your support!

Congrats on the pounds hun!

And good luck with the rest of your goals!!

Congrats, Aquilah! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's awesome!

You mentioned that you used to get sick if you ate in the morning...that happens to me, too. Is there anything that you've found that helps with that? Or were you able to just grow out of it?

Well, I guess I've grown out of it. I still can't eat as soon as I wake up, but generally within 2 hrs. of waking up I'm okay to eat. This happened to me mostly when I was a teenager, so it's been about 10 years...

congrats on the lose of 20 big ones. god i need 10 to match your 20...lol but good luck on your goals for thenew year!

Congrats Aquilah. I want to loose 50 lbs. this year. It's not that I overeat, I just make bad choices. I'm waiting till after christmas to start cause we still have 5 parties plus 2 more family gettogethers befer and during christmas.

congrats! i wish you all the luck, just never give up ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i wanted to loose my little belly last year. i joined a gym, doing cardiovasc. didnt happen though.

so now i am in judo, started last summer, lets see if the belly is still here next summer. i can see getting toned, since judo is more of a weight lifting and cardiovascular combined. AND i have to loose my sweettooth, to eat sweets only on saturday or sunday. im a HORRIBLE sweettooth cake, ice cream aaaaa, cookies! im trying!!!! i shall.

Well congratulations, that is some awesome weight loss!! And add me onto that list of goals, I could use it!!!

ah, ic...don't worry, that happens to me quite often as well and sad to say that nothing like a puff of cigarette can make you feel better!

but anyhow, back to me policing you! :policeman:

Good luck!!!!! It's great that you're making these changes!! I think that going to the gym will help you quit smoking.. If you set fitness goals for yourself you will have a short-term REASON to smoke less because it hinders your performance..

Also don't get discouraged if sometimes you slip up on the smoking... don't use it as an excuse to go back to a pack a day if you were down to 4 smokes and one day you smoked like 20.... For myself I tried to quit cold turkey a couple of times... I found that I used to slip up a lot, and people were dumb enough to make fun of me cause I could never keep my promise to quit cold turkey... It was really discouraging.... You know when you've only had ONE smoke in a long time... and this so-called friend of yours won't get off your ass and makes you feel like a total FAILURE because of that ONE slip up... But I decided not to pay attention to the idiots and keep it as low as I could... And keep people out of my smoking business.

Anyways best of luck!!!

Back