So sad!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well after much speculation and rumors it is official that next week will be my last at my job. The company that I work for is sending much of it's business out of the U.S.(cheaper labor:wht: ). I have known this was coming for months now but when you hear the actual news it is a bit scary. There is good news though...the company will send me to college and pay for me to get a two year degree and I will be able to draw unemployment for the whole two years of school plus I can get a part time job to make up the difference in pay!

But......I am thirty two years old and have been out of school for 14 years!! It is soo scary for me to think of going back to school after all these years. Everyone tells me that this is the best thing that could happen (my chance to go to school and get a good job) but I am sad (about leaving my job and friends) and so scared about being unemployed!

I am sorry that I have rattled on for so long but I am just feeling very low tonight.

What are you going to do for money when going back to school?? SOrry to hear you are scarred but you can do anything you set your mind to. It might be scarry now but just like anything takes some getting used to. You will be ok. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

aww, I am so sorry to hear that, but maybe this is all for the better. Maybe you'll love your next job, and meet amazing new people, but if that doens't work out for you, you'll always have mut!!

I know the feeling I was there! My sister is going through the samething and my mothers last day at her job was yesterday. Don't worry everything will work out for you. It did for me! Just hang in there babe.

I will be able to draw an unemployment check each week that will be probably about 100 less than i currently make.

Thanks for all the nice posts. I know everything will be okay but every so often I have a little pity party!:eusa_whistle:

Sorry to hear about the job. But...it DOES sound like they are at least making an effort to take care of you, which is a good thing. Think of this as an opportunity! I was a "non-traditional" (meaning older) student myself so I know how you feel. But, you'll be fine!

I agree with other posters. I understand that it must be a scary time for you right now, and yeah, the transition wouldn't be so easy, but it's an opportunity to make a better career for you in the end.

I am a non-traditional student also, and it can be scary, but you'll adjust well.

I noticed that I take education more seriously now than I did way back when, lol

Hang in there! You can do it!!!

You are about to have a wonderful opportunity coming your way! I am so proud of you.. Let me know if you need to talk. PM me anytime:)

You are so sweet! Thanks soo much everyone for all the kind posts! I feel lots better today!

MUT has the best people around!:rockwoot:

HEY!!! Its really not that bad Lynnda!

I chasnged carrears at 42! Sure it was a lot of work and a bit scarry at times , but you can do it! Hang in ther and try to keep a positive additude,. I have found that additude is 90% of the battle I will be Cheering you on girl!

wow sorry to hear that, but at the same time at least they didnt totally turn there back, you get unemployment and get to go to school which well lead to a better job, and you will meet new people change is always hard and at times scary but once you cross to the other side you may be glad you did. best of luck to you..

Oh man, very sorry to hear that! I do agree that it is good that they're still sending you to school, as well as helping you with unemployment.

I think it's somewhat pitiful that companies will outsource, just because they're looking for cheaper labor. I'm sorry, but I think it hurts our economy...

I'm so sorry to hear this Lynnda! This totally sucks, especially so damned close to X-Mas! This happened to John and I once (both being let go right before X-Mas). I wish you the very best with everything sweetie!

I want to thank everyone for all their encouragement! You guys really are the best. I know everything will work out for the best. I am trying to look at this as an oppurtunity.

But yeah the whole 3 weeks before Christmas really bites!

Back