So sad!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a great opportunity ahead of you. Yes, it is frightening to lose your job, but they are giving you a chance to further your education. As far as your age, picture this. I'm way older than you, I worked at my job for 16 years, then came hurricane Katrina. It not only destroyed my home and everything I owned, but also destroyed the business I worked at. I not only had to relocate to a new town, but I had to seek employment along with hundreds of thousands of others who went through the same thing. At least they're affording you a great opportunity, plus you'll draw unemployment at the same time. I know it's hard, and it pains you to think of going through these changes. Just weigh out the options, and look at it as a fresh new beginning. You'll be fine.

i hope everything will turn out fine. just never give up, and just keep on pushing forwards, not backwards, and time will pass you wouldnt even notice, then everything will be worth it and you will realize that some things happen for a reason. just never give up, and push on forwards! and think of it that way, going to school is more relaxing than workin anyway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> could be like vacation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just enjoy the time. it might also just be a nice change to go to school again. and i know you can do it!!!!!!

Awww I would have been the same way :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry sweetie - I would hate having to leave my job and co-workers as well. You will always have us though!! ::hugs::

Honey, another door has opened up for you. It may look all black now--but something good will come from this, Wait and see. Perye

i hear you kaville! i've been there myself. thank goodness they're letting you advance your education which will make you more marketable in the future. just remember, every time one door closes another one opens! look at this like just another step in the journey and you'll do great!

You can do it! It's tough that you're finding out right before Christmas, but maybe you can think of it as a fresh start for the new year? Get out there and learn something new and find a job you'll really like, one that might end up being more fulfilling than what you're doing now. Don't worry about being a "non-traditional" student, but don't bring it up either. There's a woman in my Master's program who's in her early 50s and she always brings up how she's *so old* and can't learn new things. My father's 10 years older than her and is still learning every day! It's all about attitude/mindset. I totally understand having the pity party, but it's also good to hear that people's posts have helped you see a bit of the bright side. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am so sorry to hear that. Do not worry about going to college after 14 years. AFter couple of weeks hopefully that fear will go away. Keep your head up = ) Go get them'

Back