some needed answers with mineral makeup issues

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, if anyone knows of a natural mineral makeup company or store in New Mexico, please let me know.  The closest I can find is in AZ or CO, where they sell AFterglow, but nothing here.  Also

When you all apply your sunscreen and then your mineral makeup. .. what do you all do if you're going to be at an outside party all day and know the sunscreen needs to be retouched so that it continues to provide protection??  do you apply more mineral powder, I know you don't apply sunscreen on top of that makeup.  Just wondering what you all do in this situation. Thanks

Usually,sunscreen will last about 4-5hrs (not in a pool), without a reapply. If you are out exposed in full sun for too much longer, you'd probably worry more about over exposure to the sun than UV rays. MMU also provides some physical barrier to UV and therefore also have some SPF rating...approx SPF15. You'd probably be ok with just reapplying mmu as the day ends.

Not sure what part of NM you're in but there are a few in Albuquerque. One in Uptown, its by CPK and there is also one in Nob Hill, which both are Bare Minerals based.

Originally Posted by mamaherrera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First of all, if anyone knows of a natural mineral makeup company or store in New Mexico, please let me know.  The closest I can find is in AZ or CO, where they sell AFterglow, but nothing here.  Also

When you all apply your sunscreen and then your mineral makeup. .. what do you all do if you're going to be at an outside party all day and know the sunscreen needs to be retouched so that it continues to provide protection??  do you apply more mineral powder, I know you don't apply sunscreen on top of that makeup.  Just wondering what you all do in this situation. Thanks

Thanks for replying.  i was actually looking for something that wasn't BAreminerals.  I found a place that does sell some of the Vapour organic sticks that come from Taos.  Nothing more.  

I've been looking to try a mineral foundation too.  I hate that when I wear liquid foundation it LOOKS like I'm wearing makeup.  So I just don't wear it.  But I have a lot of formal events coming up soon where I'll be having pictures taken.  Need to find a great product!

Latest posts

Back