Some people just shouldn't drive...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
driving in Paris is completely different from driving anywhere else in France. basically, each driver has its own way of driving, that includes the basics like forgetting to stop when the light is red for them, forget to indicate when they're turning right or left because we know those lights are optional (loud lousy music player isn't on the contrary, sigh).

maybe yelling is an anti stress method ?
kopfkratz.gif
rotfl.gif

people don't care about everyone else but them. so if you're on a motorcycle, you have to be extra extra careful. my dad, at 48, drives carefully, but the number of times he nearly met the Lady....

people always seem to be late for work and use that as an excuse to ride at 60,70 km/h, in town the limit is 50.

people like to follow firemen or ambulances because that means they have an open road before them and they can ride as fast as the firemen, except, them, they don't have a heart failure to deal with (and what people forget is firemen or ambulances has authorisation to ride fast as long as they don't hurt other people on the way). i nearly died because of a j**k, luckily i like to walk fast and gained the 15 cm that saved my life. ugh.

my dad is i think a good driver. he never goes beyond the limit, and sometimes when there's angry people behind him, he slows down and calmly smiles to them. whatever, they only gain 2 seconds in the end, and there's a good chance you'll find them at the next stop.

i wonder what drivers think sometimes. "it only happens to others". they forget for other people they're the "others". maybe i should explain to some why my dad wasn't dining with us on hot summer sunday nights, and how old were the kids who died those nights.

Eeep, I'm never driving in Paris.

Actually I'd never drive outside of North America, the traffic laws change so much all over the place I"d probably kill myself.

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know what you mean, but I don't think it should be illegal. When I'm turning right on a red I always make sure that I will not be getting in anyones way. I always think 'if that person in the farther lane were to change into the lane I'm pulling into, would I be in his way?' If the answer is yes, then I wait. Yes, I have seen accidents where some one is turning right at a red light and then the person who was in the left lane changes into the right lane and barely stops in time to prevent hitting that car.
I really hate it when I'm waiting at a red light for the oncoming traffic to get clear and there is some one behind me who can't see that there is traffic coming and then honk at me! Any time anyone honks at me when I'm turning right on a red I always wait longer to turn right then I really need to. They are insulting my intelligence by saying that I don't know I can turn right at a red, and they can't see what the cars that I can see, so I'm just going to play stupid and make them a few seconds late.

I also hate it when there is a two or three lane highway and everyone insists on driving in the lane everyone has to merge into. Unless you're getting off at the next exit and need to be in that lane to get your exit, stay out of it! It's dangerous for you and for the people trying to merge on.

Theres a light that is a "no turn on red" and I swear, EVERYTIME it is red, someone behind me goes HONK HONK HONK HONK and I sit there b/c you cant turn on red. The constant honking makes me feel like sticking my out and giving them the finger in the direction of the no turn sign, lol.Mege lanes and yields are my biggest annoying thing, and I notice almost everyone has mentioned them. lol.

Quote:
The constant honking makes me feel like sticking my out and giving them the finger in the direction of the no turn sign, lol. When people give me hastle because I'm going 30 in a playground zone I always get my passenger to point at the end of playground zone sign as we drive by it.

I cant stand bikers who don't move onto the shoulders either!

my boyfriend is a crazy driver but he hasn't hurt anyone or gotten in an accident. he signals and practices such precautions. I'm not defending him because he sure as hell scares the sh*t out of me but he is actually a good driver and all the daredevil stuff he does prepares him for safely swerving out of the way of other, horrible drivers.

As bad as California seems, Arizona has even worse drivers & terrible roads - at least now they have left turn signals, for years there were none & they have almost no cloverleafs, you have to make a left turn to get onto their freeways ( I lived there 3 yrs & moved back to Calif. My insurance rate more than doubled when I lived in AZ, as their theft & accident rates are far higher - some of the rudest drivers I've ever encountered ) I Can't stand

* tailgaters

* people who apparently purchased their car with blinkers permanently on (but never merge or turn)

* people who drive without working brake lights and/or blinkers , headlights

* cars that appear to be driverless make me nervous

* people who back up in parking lots & don't look BOTH ways

* people who back up, roll toward you at red light

* people that rev their engines, (usually at 5am on a Sunday) honk, flash lights

* people who need 2 or more lanes at once or just seem like they will come over your lane any time

* 2 or more synchronized drivers ..when you are try to pass them

* idiot that goes 25 mph in freeway fast lane, or comes to a complete stop on an on-ramp to wait for an 'opening' to merge on a freeway , expressway etc

* you see a sign lane is closing & people rush in & not let anyone else in

* people at red light who leave about 10 car lengths space from the car in front of them & you are behind them wanting to get into the turn lane ( or you want to turn right on red & the guy in front of you is hogging so much of the lane you are forced to sit through the light.

* able bodied pedestrian that walks at snail pace talking on cell , etc knowing full well you are waiting...and waiting ..jaywalker & cyclists who leap out of center divider bushes etc in front of you

* people who do all their personal hygiene (shave, makeup, curl eyelashes, apply lipstick) in the car while driving 60 mph

* people who are pulling out into roadway from driveway etc into traffic, cut you off & then honk or flip you off as if you did something wrong ..or their cousin who pulls out halfway into lane of traffic & sit there in the street waiting as people are forced to swerve to get around them.. & gridlockers

* people who don't know rules of a 4 way stop

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif driving in Paris is completely different from driving anywhere else in France. basically, each driver has its own way of driving, that includes the basics like forgetting to stop when the light is red for them, forget to indicate when they're turning right or left because we know those lights are optional (loud lousy music player isn't on the contrary, sigh).maybe yelling is an anti stress method ?
kopfkratz.gif
rotfl.gif

people don't care about everyone else but them. so if you're on a motorcycle, you have to be extra extra careful. my dad, at 48, drives carefully, but the number of times he nearly met the Lady....

people always seem to be late for work and use that as an excuse to ride at 60,70 km/h, in town the limit is 50.

people like to follow firemen or ambulances because that means they have an open road before them and they can ride as fast as the firemen, except, them, they don't have a heart failure to deal with (and what people forget is firemen or ambulances has authorisation to ride fast as long as they don't hurt other people on the way).

LMAO Aude!!! That sounds exacly like Montreal!!!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif driving in Paris is completely different from driving anywhere else in France. basically, each driver has its own way of driving, that includes the basics like forgetting to stop when the light is red for them, forget to indicate when they're turning right or left because we know those lights are optional (loud lousy music player isn't on the contrary, sigh).maybe yelling is an anti stress method ?
kopfkratz.gif
rotfl.gif

people like to follow firemen or ambulances because that means they have an open road before them and they can ride as fast as the firemen, except, them, they don't have a heart failure to deal with (and what people forget is firemen or ambulances has authorisation to ride fast as long as they don't hurt other people on the way). i nearly died because of a j**k, luckily i like to walk fast and gained the 15 cm that saved my life. ugh.

my dad is i think a good driver. he never goes beyond the limit, and sometimes when there's angry people behind him, he slows down and calmly smiles to them. whatever, they only gain 2 seconds in the end, and there's a good chance you'll find them at the next stop.

i wonder what drivers think sometimes. "it only happens to others". they forget for other people they're the "others". maybe i should explain to some why my dad wasn't dining with us on hot summer sunday nights, and how old were the kids who died those nights.

It's the same here

-Weaving in and out of lanes, especially on a busy interstate

-Slow people in the fast lane

-Extra slow drivers period

-On a road that merges, instead of staying in the lane that doesnt merge, they cut in line in the merging lane and cut someone off.

-People who brake constantly

-Tailgaters (Ive had 2 different accidents where ppl hit my suv. but their car got all messed up cuz I have a steel bumper
smile.gif
I didnt even get their info cuz their hoods were pushed up so bad ..if that makes sense)

-People that dont slow down on curvy parts of a road that are accident prone

-Bad railroad tracks that are either slippery (caused one of the accidents i had where some1 hit my bumper) or just really bumpy and bad...where i live there is alot of tracks and just about all of them suck

& Stupid people in general. One time I was at a busy intersection during rush hour and these hillbillies (with their kids in the backseat) in front of me actually let a big dog out of their car on purpose. They were trying to get rid of it or somethin i guess which pissed me the hell off. Anyway the dog walked over to the other lane and actually got hit by a car that didnt notice him right under the front bumper! I was yellin at these people like wat the hell are u thinkin so i tried to get the dog to my car cuz i didnt want him to get hit. but anyway after these dumbasses looked stupid and mean as hell (just about every1 at the intersection could see what they did), they finally told the dog to get back in. They drove away and who knows wat they did to that poor dog. Perfect example or a heartless human being and there is certainly plenty of them.. A lot of people seem to be mean to dogs where I live... Why would some1 do this to a dog while driving?! pull the hell over at least

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOUD music. Stop trying to look cool. Your music choice sucks ass. Just... stop. I like loud music too, but your car overpowers my volumes - with my windows up, you're just being ridiculous. My friend does it - I hate the vibration and I feel retarded driving with her and her Mac Dre blasting some wack ass song. Uggh. aaah, i feel so dumb when im in my boyfriends car or hes in mine and has control over the volume/ipod but im busy drivin... He'll blast some old ass song like dear mama by pac..I love tupac but damn that is not a song to be blastin that loud! Or ill be at a drive thru tryin to order or pick up my food and he'll blast somethin again all loud and im like damn turn that down ...I dont get dudes sometimes
& what magosienne said: I saw some fool following a ambulance with their lights emergency lights flashing and then all of a sudden the ambulance goes straight and they make a left...Are u kidding me why do people do this??!

i cant stand angry drivers, espesially impatient ones, and drivers who go way too slow, its usually women or old people who frustrate me. and bad parking gets to me, im the kind of pn who would park far away just so theres room, and i always go the speed limit or a bit more.

i hate driving, i had to drive an hour every day when i was in college and then an hour every day to see my boyfriend. i have had enough for a lifetime!

I'm a pretty safe driver, but when you piss me off WATCH OUT!

If you do something stupid, I will most definitely check your ass!

For some reason people drive really, really stupid around here and it just really GRATES on my nerves!

Here are some of my horror stories:

When my husband and I were coming into town the Sunday before last, some moron decided they were going to pass me while ON the ramp, and then they tailgated my husband because they didn't think he was driving fast enough. This ******* had the nerve to turn on his brights!

You better believe that I scared the living shit out this ass. I turned on my brights and tailgated HIM when he backed off. He got scared enough to where he pulled over and waited for me to pass.

There's a couple that have a new mustang where I live, and boy do they SPEED! There was no one in the fast lane, but for some reason these dingbats decided that they were going to tailgate me anyway, so I went into the fast lane to speed up. These shit for brains decided that they were going to get into the fast lane and try to pass me, but I kept time with a slower car, so they kept changing from lane to lane. Once I got into town I slowed down and let them pass, but not without a bunch of fingers and an opera of "**** you lady" pouring out the window.

Aaaaahhh....finally a driving thread...I have mild to severe road rage, there is not a day that goes by that I don't wish I could be the hell outta some bad driver.

Things I can't stand:

People on their cellphones who are in deep conversation and not paying attention to the road.

Parents yelling and wrestling with their kids and forget the task at hand...driving.

People who leave their blinkers on FOREVER!

People who don't signal at all.

People who speed in front of you going a million miles and then slow up to a snails pace.

These drivers who blast their music and have a freaking dance party while driving...it looks so stupid... all that jumping and pumping, just pull over and dance DAMNIT!

People who don't get oil changes or whatever and their car smokes and in all in my way. URRRRRR!

People who ride their brakes.

People who go toooo damn slow on the highway.

People with a zillion stuffed animals in their back window, what is this a car or a toddlers bed room.

People with super dark tint...it makes me nervous.

LOL...sometimes pedestrians get on my nerves too...look I know you have the right away, but you can't jump in front of my car and think I won't hit you.

Oh yeah....I CAN'T stand when people put their brights on for no reason, that annoys the hell out of me...YOU are blinding me! Grrrr....
pissoff.gif

*people who tailgate

*people who dont use their blinkers

*people who get in front of you just to slow down

*trying to pass someone just to have them speed up so that you cant

*having your blinker on to turn and the person next to you doesnt let you over

*people who go 25 in a 35 and then get mad you like its your fault that they were going slow

*who take there sweet time turning a corner

*people running a red light and almost causing an accident

*having their blinker on and not even turning

*people wanting to race and then getting mad at you for not wanting to

*having brights on and then flashing them to let them know and they still keep them on

*riding the brakes

Back